60 Cube 3.0 Build

Well display tank plumbing is mostly done. Trying to figure out where all the apex stuff will fit. Probably not going to use too much of this finger duct as it creates more of a maintenance headache in such a tight space.

Was thinking of putting all the modules under the lip of the FT shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_20180416_184630.jpg
    IMG_20180416_184630.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2
Ok. Reefsavvy ng is never ending lessons. Never buy 2 when you need 4 thinking they will get more in. Can not get two more of these short ball valves used on the red side. Must have been new old stock. Can not get anywhere even online. They keep sending the new longer one with the same part number.had to use these.

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_191950.jpg
    IMG_20180502_191950.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 4
Always check your glue ups. Inside as well

Attachments

• IMG_20180504_181830.jpg
    IMG_20180504_181830.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4
Frag system is officially wet. Runs quiet except the vibrations from the Eheim 1260 is huge. Gonna need to do a silicone isolator I think. The flex PVC is just transferring too much vibrations.

Giving the Dr Tim's a try for cycling...

Cleaned out the ATO for the first time in 8 years. Its amazing whay kind of dirt (for lack of a better word accumulates. The impeller is wearing on the blades. Thats probably what is settling on the surfaces...

Attachments

• Dirt.jpg
    Dirt.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Impellar.jpg
    Impellar.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
FT Plumbing almost done. Need a couple more fittings. Another ball valve for the chiller. Yes a chiller with LID lights. The DT is in the only room in the house with no AC. It will get into the 90's. If I go out of town and the house is closed up it will go into the mid 90's...

Well by next weekend I should have the display tank set back up again and started cycling. I am contemplating getting a new display tank, but I've been having difficulties finding a stock tank that will fit properly in that corner of the house. I did find a nice stand at a local thrift store that would really work well, and with a hundred and 20 gallon tank it should fit nicely in that corner. But that's got to pass the sniff test if you know what I mean.

So I'm using the dr. Tims one and only two-cycle to Frag system. So I was watching a video where Mr saltwater tank reviewed it and I am trying to use the same method. Basically throws the product, stick a couple of fish in there, and wait for a very small ammonia Spike. However after day 3, there has been no ammonia Spike. Water got cloudy like it's supposed to, and the water is starting to smell like fish because of the Cuba frozen food I throw in there everyday and the skimmer is not running. Tonight when I get home will be test number for. I'm hoping I see something.

Yay...it's back. Refinished the top of the stand . New hinhes and new interior paint. Scrubbed the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_065710.jpg
    IMG_20180521_065710.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3
Well installing the eurobracing today. This is just to help keep dorn the salt creap from the circulation pumps. No matter how careful you are silicone always seems to need touch-up after you pull the tape off.

I guess tomorrow will be razorblade time

Attachments

• IMG_20180522_164123.jpg
    IMG_20180522_164123.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
Very disappointed in the Dr Tims one and only. I am 16 days into it with added ammonium chlorine and there has been no drop in the levels at all. I know that freezing during shipping can kill this stuff so I am thinking thats what happened when the LFS got it. Lets see how their customer service is. So far its "you need to wait longer"...

All those product seem to be hit or miss it seems. I can't say I've used that one but will always add Seachem stability to my tanks and it worked well.

Giving one of these Macro Aqua Flow Swings a try... So far the only comment is that the 1" slip fitting is too big. Need to glue heavy

Attachments

• IMG_20180525_191113.jpg
    IMG_20180525_191113.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2
Back