60 Cube 3.0 Build

Well by 0200 is was full. Took a little tweaking to get it quiet. The bubble noise is immediately after the valve. Makes me wish is was downstairs...but by the time I woke up it was much quieter. I am guessing all the bubbles stuck the the surfaces of all the pipes and glass finally disipated.

One of my WAV pumps bit the dust. And I am severely dissapointed at how hot the power supply runs on the 1link. I am a loyal control freak so I will try my best to make this all work.

Used 40 pounds of Caribsea SeaFlor Super Reef. Gave it a good rinse and it was all clear by the time I woke up. It handles the flow much better than what I had before.

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_092726.jpg
    IMG_20180527_092726.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
Wish my second WQAV was working. I really want to see how my Acrylic Euro-bracing keeps the water contained. Much less clutter behind the tank. Loving that...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x7yhac74hZY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wish I had documented this in photos from the beginning. I'll probably do a thread on it since I think they do NOT stand behind their product.

It took 18 days for Dr Tim's to register any Nitrites and the ammonia (added by me plus ghost feeding) has not gone down at all in 20 days. It took Bio Spiral 24 hours for the nitrited to shoot up. And the ammonia is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_20180529_180220.jpg
    IMG_20180529_180220.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20180529_183837.jpg
    IMG_20180529_183837.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 5
Having return/sump flow issues. Flow sensor tells me my output has not changes but woke up to a trickle in the overflow and a trickle over the last baffle in the sump. Turned off reactor flow and the overflow picked back up. I am guessing now that there is a film on the baffles the water just flows more smoothly over it.

I need a bigger return with better head height. This one is too borderline for my set up. It will work fine in the frag system so all is not lost...

7 days for bio Spiral (left)

27 days for Dr Tim's (right)

Attachments

• IMG_20180604_193156.jpg
    IMG_20180604_193156.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4
9 days to cycle with bio Spira . Dr Tim's must have been dead. It's almost 30 days into it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180606_192227.jpg
    IMG_20180606_192227.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks.

Tested Nitrates today. Only 2.5... so gonna put some of my fish from my FT in here this weekend and let the fun begin...

well 35 days into the cycle on the FT. Its clear the Dr Tims was dead. Still have not had the nitrite drop yet. Ammo has been at zero for a while. My typical cycles take 35 days...

replaced the COR15 with a COR20 today. Was only getting 265-270 with the COR15. Getting about 365-370 with the COR20. Thats at 65%. Last 35% don't seem to change the flow any...

Don't know why the FT won't finish cycling. High Nitrites for a couple weeks. No ammo...

Let there be light!!!

Got the canopy rebuilt. Some Brazilian Cherry left over from the staircase to accent it. Should last alot longer now that the eurobracing stops all the water splashing over...it's nice to use the mag float and not have water sloshing over the side...

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_094424.jpg
    IMG_20180623_094424.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
Added some Fritzime bacteria and the FT is finally catching up. Nitrites almost gone in 3 days

So both systems are up and running. Adding fish to the DT. Have an issue with my apex rebooting so I installed the backup base unit (cloned it). Ill see if that helps.

Algae reactors working will. Nitrates down to low single digits...The only issue with these skimz algae reactors in the cheato snakes into the output tube. Other than that they are growing like crazy.

I am concerned about the slow movement of water in the first stage of the sump. The volume moving through is about 350 gph but there is certainly a nice dead spot for detritus to build up in. So I threw a small Tunze nano stream in there just to push any detritus into the flow and get it to a more accessible stage...

More photos and a video coming eventually.

So in the hair algae phase. Not too bad. Interesting how most people will blame this on dry rock yet my frag system has no dry rock and has more HA than my DT...oncle I get past this it will be time to add some coral

Almost past the hair algae phase. The dry rock in the DT looks like little dots of cyano all over it. ***. I feed a cube a day of frozen. Maybe I should go half a cube and toss whats left. Next time Ill by the smaller cubes.

Got a lawnmower blend for the FT. He is loving all the HA.

All the HA is gone in the DT. The lawnmower blend in the FT is chowing down on that HA... This red dust looking stuff is all over everything.... Gonna hold off on the corals until I get past this. Cut feeding in half. changed GFO.

Back