6091 issue

jsc0787

There is something wrong with my 6091. I believe it started after accidentally hitting the feed button and then unplugging it. I do not have a light sensor plugged in.

The controller is running the pump on constant - it will not pulse. All three lights are lit. Any thoughts?

ok now only the left red light (pump on) and green light are lit and the pump is not operating at all. Hopefully it's going through it's food cycle now...

jsc, unplug the pump power then plug it back in hopefully it will reset the controller. BTW, make sure you check the connection on your pump to the controller.

ok, so it stayed like that for over an hour, I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in and now just the two red lights are on with the pump on constant. I've tried all possible combinations of unplugging and plugging back in.

It is very rare for a 6091 controller to fail, the most common culprit if it is indeed the controller is that water entered near the foodtimer button, usually from being pressed with wet hands. It is also possible for the pump to stop responding to a controller. Do you by chance have a 7091 or 7095 that you can check the pump with?

no but I have two pumps and neither pulse at all, would there be anything to me to check if I opened it up?

Yes, the manual shows how to open it, you can look for any salt creep or green corrosion to see if it was caused by water, you could also check for a broken wire, each cable has 3 wires that should be soldered to the board.

i don't believe I received a manual with it, I got it straight from Tunze.com. What is the proper way to remove the white "pulse control" wheel?

I just use a slotted screwdriver and pop it off by prying it up. A useful tip- turn the knob all the way counter clockwise or clockwise before doing so, the knob can go in two ways and it is much easier to reassemble properly if you turn it all the way to on side and make a mental note of the orientation.

you were dead on Roger. I opened it up on saw a bit of corrosion. Clean it right up with a q-tip and ro water. By the way, I didn't know about the asynchronious mode. It's amazing on my tank. I got waves right away. I'll have to post a video soon. Great stuff!

I tried it out more and found two sweet spots. One fast pulse gives me a 2.5"+ double wave, and a slightly slower pulse gives me 2.5" of a normal single wave (ala rectangle tank). This thing is amazing.

Any idea what the ideal depth would be? Since it is asynchronous mode it isn't using much more than 3" or so of displacement.

The wave height is only about 1/2" lower when the pumps are at 6 inches off the bottom as opposed to 14 inches off the bottom. This is with the pumps running at minimum speed. Which height do you think would benefit the future tank inhabitants most?

Can you please post some picture of your pump placement. I still can't picture your setup. Sorry :D kinda tire today. I will be here pretty much all night cuz i have to keep an eye on my little one

88533IMG_0002.jpg

88533IMG_0007.jpg

88533IMG_0031.jpg

I had to do some major modification to the box and both pumps to get them to fit. As it is it's a very tight squeeze. I had to dremel out a ring for the housing to fit into the box. What you see a ring of 1/8" thick ring that used to be 1/4" acrylic. Without this additional 1/4" (combined) of space the pumps would not fit in the box. I also use flat o-rings between the housing and the box to create a better seal and reduce noise.

As for the height of the pumps from the surface that look about right but can you please take a close up picture of the two pump inside the box.

I have a few questions:

1. Is that an overflow box that you stick the pump into or a separate box?

2. Any SPECIAL reason why you cut the $hit out of that intake screen. Let me guest "It doesn't fit, so you have to cut it to make it fit?

I hope you have enough water go in and out of the intake screen if not your pump will run hot and possibly cause the pump to fail...

Back