6435 Gallon Saltwater Pond Build and smaller 12 ft tank...

Whoa! I would be dangerous if I had enough disposable income for that, haha.

How will you deal with organic waste such as grass clippings, leaves, etc?

pretty amazing! I am thrilled that some folks dream big and that people like you help them achieve those dreams!

I wish you continued success

I am genuinely humbled by your kind words and well wishes, all of you. To be entrusted with such a project is truly an honor.

We're nearly there. The tile on the walls extending into the pond is currently being replaced so we hope to return for its seawater fill sometime this fall.

You can bet there will be plenty more photos and videos on our Facebook page.

Thanks again everyone,
Sam

I had a long discussion with one of the people in charge of the lagoon at Discovery Cove in Orlando, which has about 7000+ saltwater fish in an open lagoon. I asked about fish loss due to people, agression etc...biggest problem was a Blue Heron. Nothing deterred the most aggressive one and they even went so far as to get a federal permit to relocate it. A new one took his place within a few days, and was even worse becasue he would wade out farther than the relocated one. This might end up being the biggest issue. Good luck.

A shot gun will probably deter it....into many, many pieces. Then do it again to the next one...etc

d-man:

Killing something for behaving as nature intended is inexcusable, not the least bit funny, and I take offense that you would make such a suggestion on this thread.

d-man:

Killing something for behaving as nature intended is inexcusable, not the least bit funny, and I take offense that you would make such a suggestion on this thread.

Lighten up. So you've never killed a fly, spider, ants? I don't think nature intended on us collecting fish and them dieting in our glass boxes. But they do. It happens, yes slightly different then shooting something(I don't even own a gun, and have never hunted) but still somewhat the same. We've all bought a fish, coral, invert that we probably shouldn't have only to have it die within a day or two.

:blown:

looks great....can't wait for more!!!

imo, the sulfur reactor may be to small to have much of an effect on no3 depending on bio-load and other no3 sinks!!!

Back