Picture Time!

PinkOragnePalythoa01.jpg

Micromussa01.jpg

Acan01.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

OrangeSetosaCloseup01.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

I just treated myself to an early Christmas present and bought myself 2 Ecotech Radions to replace the Maxspect G2. Eventually when GHL releases their update to control the Radions, this will be a complete package.

I just treated myself to an early Christmas present and bought myself 2 Ecotech Radions to replace the Maxspect G2. Eventually when GHL releases their update to control the Radions, this will be a complete package.[/SIZE]
You will love the Radions. I am getting some great growth with my SPS.

Why do you think you lost some your acros with the BP? Did you add too much or was it stripping the water too clean?

SoCalDude, I suspect the loss of acropora was due to too low nutrients and perhaps not enough light. I hope to start back with the UltraLith system soon so I can get the rich colors I had in my previous setup.
Chefzif, I just placed the order with Champion last night so I'm hoping to have it in my hands by Thursday. I hear so many good reviews about the unit so I'm sure I will be happy with it also.

RRL

I have decided to hold off on the Radions last minute and figured it'd be best to hold off on it until GHL releases their Radion compatible firmware for the Profilux 3.

I've been practicing my photo taking skills lately and think I am getting better at it. What do you guys think?

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

This tank was suppose to be acro dominant, but now I see myself getting into Acans and Zoos. Somebody talk me out of it! :)

Photos look very good. I am quite impressed that you have managed to captures coral colour quite well. LED lighting makes it extremely difficult for photography; so yeah, impressive photography.

How about a complimentary FTS or two?

I am resetting my tank and will go pure ACROS and a few select ACANS, no zooas though, but I understand how they are very addictive.

Great looking tank!!!! I'm planning a similar rimless build and was wondering, what is the total width of the tank with the external full width overflow? Also, do you forsee more noise from such a large overflow or are you planning a durso to reduce the water fall effect?

urbaneks

Hi, thanks for the complement! I went with the GHL 3 pump doser and am very happy with it. I've had this doser for almost 3 years now and it has been running flawlessly.

I'm already liking these dimensions, the 24" of depth really makes the tank look bigger and is so much easier to work with. In my 75g, the 18" of depth I had made my rockscape look like a plain wall of rocks.

Those are sweet dimensions, maybe I'll try 30" depth for my next upgrade, but first I'll get this one running.

@Sahin, I have probably taken over 500 pictures in an attempt to find the right settings on my Nikon. It's a relief to have found it, but photos under blue leds is my next challege.
I've been on the lookout for some nice acros but lately I haven't run into any that have caught my eye without emptying my wallet! :)

@THP, thanks for the complement. The total width of the tank comes to 30" with external overflow. At one point, I too thought that the waterfall effect was going to be noisy but this wasn't the case as long as the water level within the external overflow is kept high enough, but not enough so that it activates the emergency drain.

@allsps40, yes it helped. :D

Here's a few FTS pics:

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Would you be able to post some pics of the overflow? 2 drains, 1-1/2" ?

@Sahin, I have probably taken over 500 pictures in an attempt to find the right settings on my Nikon. It's a relief to have found it, but photos under blue leds is my next challege.
I've been on the lookout for some nice acros but lately I haven't run into any that have caught my eye without emptying my wallet! :)

@THP, thanks for the complement. The total width of the tank comes to 30" with external overflow. At one point, I too thought that the waterfall effect was going to be noisy but this wasn't the case as long as the water level within the external overflow is kept high enough, but not enough so that it activates the emergency drain.

@allsps40, yes it helped. :D

Here's a few FTS pics:

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

nice looking setup. too bad about all those LPS that fell into your tank... :) hahaha..

Seriously. Nice looking setup.

Would like to know how this tank is progressing? Did you get the typical algae cycles etc?

How is the SPS coral colour?

Since the last update, I have gone through another strange die off phase and lost some the acros that are posted on the last photos. I have no idea why this happened and decided it was time to change the sandbed since it is probably holding whatever killed my acros.

2 months after the change out, my tank is spotless clean and acros that survived has shown color improvement. The tank only needs to be cleaned once a week because a thin film develops on the glass as well as a few patches of the typical brown algae. It could be the UltraLith system to thank for the miraculous improvement.

I recently purchased another GHL doser to add to the other 3 pumps I have now. This 4 pump model will be responsible for dosing UltraBak and PowerTrace elements.

Some more pictures (w/out tripod):

DSC_0413.jpg

Picked these up in a trade. Is there a name besides Paly that goes with it?
Palyrock2012-03-06_2.jpg

How about these?
PalyRock2012-02-21.jpg

Tankshot2012-03-06.jpg

Update: 11/12/12

Update: 11/12/12

So a few weeks ago I received my GHL Mitras led to replace my Maxspect G2 170w and after programming it I have noticed colors on some color that just did not show under the G2.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I've first installed the Mitras and I am absolutely glad I went with this instead of another unit I was considering. Right off the bat, the light is more bright than the G2 or any led fixture I've seen.

I've also changed my aquascape because I a piece of live rock I found at a LFS, I just had to have it. I just need another rock to even out the look on the left side of the tank.

Now for some pictures :)

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

I'll hopefully have some more pictures ready within the next upcoming days.

Very nice looking tank. Progress is sweet.
I've been researching on the Mitras, certainly a beefy fixture (price and features)

Do you know a link with PAR readings for it?

Love the tank. Would you be able to tell me how you attached the aluminum to the back of the stand?

Back