700 gallon Ray pond build

Got a question for you's: I need to put something on the floor before the liner goes in to give it a little cushion what do you think pink styrofoam, carpet padding, foam rubber?

Finished the out side skin tonight and painted it with Behr Premium Plus exterior semi gloss and its called aquatic green from HD.
DSCN0092.jpg

Looking great! I can't wait to see the water go in.

As for the foam, I, and a lot of other people, use the stiff pink styrofoam sheets to support glass tanks. It seems to hold up really well. Mine gets dripped on a lot and I haven't seen any sign deterioration. Plus, it's super easy to work with and cost efficient.

860 gallon pond

860 gallon pond

Its up and running but not quite finished like the liner needs to be pulled over and straightened and stapled and the the top plate which i think i will go with 1x10 composite decking wood. I just put Wilma the Ray in tonight and she swam around checking it out and then ate and then buried her self. Most likely stressed alittle from the move and acclimation. It ended up being 860 gallons at 21.5 inches of water plus the sump. Its kind of weird looking at something that big down here but it is fun.
DSCN0109.jpg
DSCN0102-1.jpg

Wow forgot I even have a thread on here, I have 6 California Round Rays noe ranging from 6" across to 9", 2 males and 4 females, also have 2 yellow striped grunts in there just for a change of scenery. The are all of breeding size but what i hoped for hasnt happened yet and from what I have heard they have never reproduced in captivity. Well anyways I wiil get some pics up.
DSCN0057-1.jpg
DSCN0056-1.jpg
DSCN0055-1.jpg
DSCN0058.jpg

Back