A Rare Yellow Carpet

i hate to post the pic of my prized anemone as i am affriad of the jinx :hmm3:

here is the yellow gig i recieved on Good Friday, it is sitting in the bucket dripping during acclimation:

Attachments

• DSC_9561.jpg
    DSC_9561.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
here it is as of today. i attached a yellow Post-It to one end of a stick and took a picture of the carpet along with the Post-It note for color reference.

also, i drew a line using the yellow color from the bitmap application so you can see the yellow from bitmap from the drawn line and the color of the carpet. NO EDITING whatsoever except to resize to fit and post on RC. i will not say that i know anything, i just happen to get a yellow gig and i believe it will remain yellow. the anemone has regain ALOT of it's zooanthele (sp). i feed it every other day when i dont forget. salmon, shrimp.the size of food is about the number 2 pencil eraser.

Attachments

• DSC_9605.jpg
    DSC_9605.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
and here is a random shot of my main tank that show my red carpet decided to move closer to it's own kind.......... the 3 seems pretty happy touching each other.

Green and blue together for at least 7 year. Red since around Thanksgiving 09 :spin2:

Attachments

• DSC_9591.jpg
    DSC_9591.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0
Pink

Pink

In your tank and trust me thats a compliment it looks like yellow but not just yellow it has some green in it.

Its def yellow, i wish i had a box of crayolas. lol

Its soooooo nice.

Reefvette,

yes most definately it does have green in it for sure but at first glance, it is unmistakenable (sp) a yellow. Like i said, i hope it stays yellow......... regardless, i ultimately couldn't careless what color it is, i just hope it will remain with me for as long as the others or even longer :)

Pinkskunk, Nice find with the yellow. Where did you end up ordering it from and what did it set you back?

Thanks in advance!

Auem,

the one in my first post is a few days ago that i saw on EC, someone bought it now.

Chrissu,
i got it from NYaquatics.com. $80.

^^^ i was thinking the exact same thing..def looks like a gigantea..even the description would go against haddoni, (spots on the column). Thats a good deal

DD.........

and that is one very very good price!........

sure does look like a gigantea although it seems to have dig down in the sand.

LA had one sold today that was yellow:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversde...ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

And according to them they've had it quarantined since April. I believe them.

QT since april means nothing thou, I had one that stayed that yellowish color not brighter, not greener for the 10 month I had it. (it's lost on my own fault)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V1GEeCtx2U

however I do not disagreed that it might be a bleached green or not, I simply cannot tell because it did not change color at all during the whole duration. Of course, it's also not uncommon for bleached anemones to stay at bleach color for that timeframe also.

few things --

zooxzntellae is brown, so i dont think the pic shown of the yellow nem w/ clowns in it has regained a lot of zoos b/c there's no brown to be seen anywhere, just yellow. i would venture to say it is surviving based on the feeding alone b/c it does not appear to have significant zooxanthellae population in tentacles.

second is just to be clear that RHS yellow gig pictured in the side-by-side is definitely dyed. look at the mouth / top side of oral disk.

Pink's nem doesn't look like it's in bad shape though, just doesnt have zooxanthellae IMO.

Back