A year later..........

pookstreet

Registered Stick Killer
My current tank at home just celebrated it's first birthday recently, so I thought I would share some pix of the progression of the tank through it's first 12 months. Thanks.

When the aquascaping was first finished on 9/8/05. Yes, I know. The ROCK is really white :lol:
IMG_5108.jpg

All livestock were transferred from the old tank on 9/13/05. LPS and softies galore. But you can see hints of SPS here and there.
IMG_5144.jpg

Addition of many SPS frags 11/6/05
FTS11-6-05.jpg

Full blown SPS 4/9/06, what this tank was intended for.
IMG_7195.jpg

The tank as it looks on 9/3/06. All the SPS have experienced tremendous growth since it crashed at the beginning of the year. Couple of colonies are actually growing out of the water.
IMG_8130.jpg

Some individual shots.

LE A. loisetteae "Steve Elias Stag" from the front
IMG_8133.jpg

Steve Elias Stag top-down
IMG_8151.jpg

Cali tort from the front
IMG_8138.jpg

Cali tort top-down
IMG_8156.jpg

FragFarmer M. undata
IMG_8146.jpg

Pavona maldivensis
IMG_8141.jpg

ExoticReefs Hot Pink Prostrata
IMG_8147.jpg

Leng Sy Cap. At least I was told it's the Leng Sy Cap. It's starting to show some vertical growth in the middle and the purple rim is coloring back up after my recent elevated alk levels
IMG_8150.jpg

Steel blue A. loisetteae
IMG_8153.jpg

Thanks guys. I know the tank is way too packed. I was waiting for some stuff to grow out before I started thinning things out. But it's just so hard to get rid of anything :lol:

Thanks hitekfreak and wishntoboutside. I am very proud of this tank and it's progress, despite the problems along the way.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8082371#post8082371 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saurus
Kenny, very nice.. You have a blue thumb and can grow out anything.

Cheers,

Clint

What's up Clint. Yes, I do have a blue thumb, but only one. The other one is A black thumb and I try to keep it out of the tank as much as possible. You are the coral king and can do anything, but I have a blue thumb and can grow anything :lol:

BTW, how are all the frags doing?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8083062#post8083062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
Sweet pics Kenny. What camera are you using? Great closeups.

Thanks Greg. I have been using the Canon Rebel XT with just the standard lense. Still learning to use the camera. I did find the time to make a photobox for the top-down shots recently. I would love to get a macro lense for some serious closeups.

Very nice Kenny! those nano streams will definitely blend in better than the seios =) I'll let you know how well they work so you can order some too haha.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8083816#post8083816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yinger
Very nice Kenny! those nano streams will definitely blend in better than the seios =) I'll let you know how well they work so you can order some too haha.

Don't I know it. That's why I am drooling over those Tunzes. I am itching to preorder a couple but just needed to see how people like them first. I am even thinking about getting the controllable ones and getting rid of my closed loop. I just can't seem to find a pump that'll last more than a couple of months :mad2:

hehe, two of those will give u close to 100x turnover. I'm alittle worried about the sand being blown around though... but I guess you just hafta play with it to find out.

Yeah, I know the 6055s will blow the tank apart. That's why I am considering getting the controller to dial them down a bit and also to create random water movement in the tank.

Back