Achilles Tang Primer

one other thing that's worked well with my smaller AT's is to feed Formula 2 flake food. just give them a pinch and see what happens. all of mine go ape for this. good luck!

Finally bit the bullet and picked up an achilles of my own 2 weeks ago. Couldnt pass up the amazing price so I got a nice 3.5" one which was eating mysis and stuck him in my frag tank along with a scopas.

He is very shy but doing great, eating nori like no tomorrow but still kinda pecking at frozen foods. Ill leave them both down there till they are aggressively eating everything including pellets before they go in the 300.

Im pretty optimistic since he showed a few spots of ich last week which have since gone away. Fingers crossed, but I think he should be fine once he fattens up.

Dr. F&S LA has them on sale this week for $150 ( plus shipping if your total is under $225). That is where I got mine.

Update on day 5 :-

Archilles Tang (Chaser) have recovered from minor ich.........eating very well at garlic soaked nori and red bamboo now.......I would not say he is completely out of the woods yet as u know, cysts are lying around on the sandbed and liverocks.......

Achilles Tang (Chasee) continue not to eat much.......developed some ICH around the nose and gettting skinner......from my experience, it spells disaster in a few more day when he will be so weak and ich will attack him and KO......... so I catch him out (dam tough and I need to rescape to catch him) and QT him in 1.010 hypo with 0.7 Seachem Cupramine.......swimming well......still does not eat.........but I have a strong feeling he wants to eat live brine shrimp (cos he chased after a red hair like mesh dirt in DT before many times) but there is a sudden shortage of those in my country now.......

Any advice on how to get the other QT to eat???.......We dun have Selcon here too........Thanks.........

Update on day 5 :-

Archilles Tang (Chaser) have recovered from minor ich.........eating very well at garlic soaked nori and red bamboo now.......I would not say he is completely out of the woods yet as u know, cysts are lying around on the sandbed and liverocks.......

Achilles Tang (Chasee) continue not to eat much.......developed some ICH around the nose and gettting skinner......from my experience, it spells disaster in a few more day when he will be so weak and ich will attack him and KO......... so I catch him out (dam tough and I need to rescape to catch him) and QT him in 1.010 hypo with 0.7 Seachem Cupramine.......swimming well......still does not eat.........but I have a strong feeling he wants to eat live brine shrimp (cos he chased after a red hair like mesh dirt in DT before many times) but there is a sudden shortage of those in my country now.......

Any advice on how to get the other QT to eat???.......We dun have Selcon here too........Thanks.........

Can I ask where you are, country-wise? I'm not in the US but have had much success getting stuff thru customs; including my quarterly shipment of Selcon. Try the flake food option. The other thing you could try would be live calupera rubber-banded to a rock if your LFS carries it.

Also, I'm not a fan of hypo on AT's when combined with Cupramine. If it were me, I'd bring salinity slowly back to 1.25'ish. Also - not knowing how large your QT is - do you have enough flow in the tank?

my achilles , coming a year, finally ich free
1zn8v0y.jpg

Hybrid Achilles/whitecheek

Hybrid Achilles/whitecheek

I recently added the hybrid Achilles/whitecheek to my tank. I had a couple of issues the first 24- hours with aggression from my tomini tang. The Achilles was just staying on one side of the tank. From what I had read from other post they love to swim in the flow and he wasn't doing this.
I put a mirror up as suggested on another post and now he is swimming back and forth and not getting chased.
My question is how long to do I leave the mirror? Will I be able to eventually take it away?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Well i got my achilles last night
so far ther has been a little aggrestion from my naso but from the update that i got from the wife everyone is getting along better will update when i get home with some pictures.

I've had my Achillies for a few weeks now, he's settled right in. He eats like a horse and continuously grazes. I've had no problems or concerns so far apart from him showing aggression to his own reflection on the black perspex covering the weir overflow.

Is this going to stress him out or am overreacting?

Back