AI Hydra Settings Thread

Got my 24" Aquatic Life Debuts LED/T5HO Hybrid light up today with my AI 26 HD!! Just need to clean up the wires.

Went with 2 ATI Blue Plus and 2 ATI Actinic. I will replace one actinic with another blue plus when I get a chance though.

So now that I am running my T5 how should I run them with my LED? I was thinking the front 2 T5 on for a few hours with my LED and then have it turn off and then have the back on after that for a few hours.. Just a thought.

How is everyone else accumulating their lights?

I have also attached my AI profile that I am gonna try out.

https://imgur.com/a/Cxl6c69

https://imgur.com/a/gTfvY3v

Just switched from Hydra26 to Hydra26HD. On the old Hydras (w/ Controller) you could turn on the weather effects (with random sweeping cloud cover) and turn off the lightning but with the new light controlled by the iPhone App I don't see that option in the settings. Did the new light lose that ability?

Yeah I wish there was random cloud cover as well....I did that along with get location for sunrise/sunset. Set my Max and let it go...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yeah I wish there was random cloud cover as well....I did that along with get location for sunrise/sunset. Set my Max and let it go...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sucks. I thought the new light would have more options. Not less. I just submitted a Help Request to ask the same question. You should too. If enough people want it maybe they'll update the firmware/app?

I have a red Sea reefer 425xl with 2 hydras 26HD tank up for 6 months and can't figure out a good setting planning to do a mix reef. Will you be able to give me some advice or settings to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only just now found out I can 2 finger pinch to move via the phone app in this thread. lol. I spent HOURS trying to find out how to do it, reading websites, looking through their support page, FAQ, etc.

What is this "2 finger pinch move" you speak of? Please share! I also hate the app and interface. Especially with fat thumbs, it's a little difficult. I wish there was somewhere to manually input the time ranges and intensities so it was exactly when you want.

What is this "2 finger pinch move" you speak of? Please share! I also hate the app and interface. Especially with fat thumbs, it's a little difficult. I wish there was somewhere to manually input the time ranges and intensities so it was exactly when you want.

You can use 2 fingers on the screen to change ALL intensities/times at once. just touch 2 fingers to the screen while in your schedule, then slide them up or down to change the intensity, or side to side to change times. This will adjust the entire schedule at once without changing the spectrum.

I find that the web interface is easier to use with "fat thumbs". I will use it when making a lot of changes, and it is the only way to upload preset programs.

You can use 2 fingers on the screen to change ALL intensities/times at once. just touch 2 fingers to the screen while in your schedule, then slide them up or down to change the intensity, or side to side to change times. This will adjust the entire schedule at once without changing the spectrum.

I find that the web interface is easier to use with "fat thumbs". I will use it when making a lot of changes, and it is the only way to upload preset programs.

Ah thanks! That is helpful.

BRS did a pretty specific test to get Hydra HD's close to Radion AB+:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-EcaJ86HrU

I was thinking of trying this out, as my SPS are getting a bit light colored (I run a ton of Cool Whites, which may be the biggest issue).

Anyone trying this?

Would you recommend running it full blast all day, or doing peaks?

Hey guys so I have 2 hydra 26s non hd and for some reason I always have to unplug them and plug them back in because they don't follow my apex settings till I do so. Is there any way I can fix this?

Did u buy anther one? I need one to run my lights

Nope, it's just the AWM isn't the best. It's sort of a known issue. I went back to the "œoriginal" AI wireless controller and had no issues with my "œoriginal" hydras like before I got the AWM. I've since upgraded my lights to the HD's.

Nope, it's just the AWM isn't the best. It's sort of a known issue. I went back to the "œoriginal" AI wireless controller and had no issues with my "œoriginal" hydras like before I got the AWM. I've since upgraded my lights to the HD's.

Ok thanks guess I'll just have to upgrade as well since it's getting annoying having to unplug them all the time

Ok thanks guess I'll just have to upgrade as well since it's getting annoying having to unplug them all the time

Could you put the lights on another lamp timer in conjunction with the Apex so that every night (or some point in time) they will briefly "œunplug" themselves to stay connected thru the AWM?
You know sometimes you just gotta automate your automator!

BRS did a pretty specific test to get Hydra HD's close to Radion AB+:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-EcaJ86HrU

I was thinking of trying this out, as my SPS are getting a bit light colored (I run a ton of Cool Whites, which may be the biggest issue).

Anyone trying this?

Would you recommend running it full blast all day, or doing peaks?

I have been looking at this as well to see what kind of performance it may get, being the closest to the Radions AB+ spectrum that I’ve seen through the PAR graphing of the lighting spectrum. I’ve used the sps ab+ program from this thread for quite some time now and have also used the other popular programs as well like the BRS Full Power and Signature Series form AI. The AB+ on this thread, with a few tweaks, has seemed to work best as far as color and growth with some profiles being better in one category or the other. I’ll try switching to the BRS settings in the next few days and see at least what colors look like initially, as with any light changes colors will shift over time as well with different spectrums.

Have you switched to this New BRS profile yet?

Last edited:
Back