AI Hydra Settings Thread

What are every ones thoughts running this over a Red Sea Reefer 170 with 4 T5 bulbs
WgiKvWD.png

https://imgur.com/WgiKvWD

[MENTION=350468]Orcus Varuna[/MENTION] any thoughts?

That should work. With 4t5s on the 170 you should aim to use about 60 watts of led power. You can check the wattage in the kelvin menu. I have since switched to an ati powermodule and with 60 watts of led lighting I get 200-250 par on the sand bed and 500 par on the top of the rock work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=350468]Orcus Varuna[/MENTION] What is your current schedule with your AI's and T5's? I'm redoing my my 40B and adding two T5's to both my Prime's. I'm currently running the BRS AB+ schedule with clouds. Was wondering if 2-4hrs during mid-day with the T5's would be enough punch for a few SPS I would want to keep.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AI Hydra Settings Thread

7f187abb1047ca49f83c3a6857b60b61.jpg

So I took the numbers from the BRS video on the hydra 52 HD AB+ settings and had to change it to work with my hydra 52 (Non HD). I started at 100 as I can't overdrive my leds. I then found the number that divided evenly into the original numbers and came up with this which should be the same just started at 100 and down instead of 160 and down. What's y'alls thoughts on this?

Why do you make the zig zag pattern?
When you make the zig-zag pattern within your lighting schedule it is supposed to simulate periods of cloud cover which reduces the intensity of the lights. I wish AI would incorporate a variable within the storm setting to reduce intensity at random as well as random times throughout the day.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Im new to the Hydr52 HD and cant seem to find a post or how to play with settings with out having my lights flicker to every move.
I use an IphoneX
I tried after lights went out but when I make an adjustment, they come on to show it.
My Mac is too far away to connect.
What am I missing?

My prime did that and my hydra 26 does as well. Its probably the only thing I dislike about them. I wish you could change the settings then apply the settings but that is not possible to my knowledge. They change real time as you make the settings then after a few seconds the light reverts back to the setting that it is programmed to. A fallback if you don't want to startle the fish is too lay a piece of cardboard under the light when making changes.

Just updated my hydra 26 to version 2.5.1 this morning. In the changelog it said something (don't remember the exact verbage) about being able to change the brightness of the status led. Anyone found out how to do this? I can't see anything that was changed or added to the interface so maybe I'm just missing it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is there a how to Video or link on how to check and install firmware ?
When there is an available update I get a notification when I open the app. Then just select to update then select update after it downloads to the light. Works smooth and trouble free.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7f187abb1047ca49f83c3a6857b60b61.jpg

So I took the numbers from the BRS video on the hydra 52 HD AB+ settings and had to change it to work with my hydra 52 (Non HD). I started at 100 as I can't overdrive my leds. I then found the number that divided evenly into the original numbers and came up with this which should be the same just started at 100 and down instead of 160 and down. What's y'alls thoughts on this?

I'd like to know everyone's thought on what Reeftub did here. I'm in the same boat. I have non-HD Hydra 52's and would like to match closely to the Radion settings for SPS.

When someone says - "œI'm running my program at 60%" - does this mean that if cool whites are at 20, then they would really be at 12?

I'd like to know everyone's thought on what Reeftub did here. I'm in the same boat. I have non-HD Hydra 52's and would like to match closely to the Radion settings for SPS.

I even tried to get BRS to do a video on the non hd 52 but they said they couldn't because these lights aren't available anymore and they couldn't get their hands on one.

I even tried to get BRS to do a video on the non hd 52 but they said they couldn't because these lights aren't available anymore and they couldn't get their hands on one.

I'm trying the numbers you came up with, which actually have lower whites than what I've been running. I'm going at 90 percent intensity and supplementing with 2 t5's.

Back