Algae free sure flow 1600

icereefer

Premium Member
Well I was looking at getting some Tunzes for my 75 still may, but I've been reading the reviews on the new sure flow 1600 and since I have a 600,2-900's and 2-1200's Maxi-jets just lieing around doing nothing, I figured for $19.00 for the kit and I needed to order my pinpoint thermometer and other supplies at Marine depot What the heck I'll give the sure flow 1600 a try.
I'll let you Know what I think of them once I get it installed.

we have installed them into a few systems here in fargo and they rock. much better than the Kor's. Tunzes maybe. I have not used top of the line. But as far as price point they are great. I would recommend getting the sure grip magnets with them thats another $30 for each. Some issues with install and the set-up. Some supergluing and its a pain in the ***. We have had no issues with the magnet combo.

michael

I look forward to seeing more reviews on this. After buying the mod AND the magnets, you're getting close to buying a new Kor! I've had my eye on this mod too.

yeah I have 2 koralia 4's I'm using right now I just got a hold of Hydor Koralia and there sending me there new inner cones and fish grids. I hear the cones direct a nice frontward pattern instead of the 2 line streams they produce,,,,Will see.
and I thank Tarax for the posting on that thread. ;)
yeah it would be nice if these mods produce the flow I'm looking for I have lots of seio,koralia, maxi-jet dead soldiers lieing around.... and 2 or 3 sure grip magnets laying around too. LOL...
if these don't work ,,,screw it I'm getting tunze.

Well I got my sure flow man that was one easy mod . I sure like the wide flow pattern on it so far it's got a bit of a vibration to it but I'm hoping it will go away in time.
and I just found out my Corallife thermometer was off a bit,, :eek1: I need to get my tank cooled down 83 :eek1:

What caused the increase in your temp?? Or do you think its been this high for a while?

Back