All reefers in NC & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill,

I am interested but I live in New Bern so I'm pretty far from Greensboro. Do you ever go to the frag swap's at Down Under?

whoa, we finally split the thread!! LOL anyone happen to have a 300+ watt heater in the G'boro area they are willing to lend out or sell cheap? i think mine is on the way out. i caught the tank at 86.6º took out the heater, clean it up a little smacked it a couple of times, and so far so good LOL. but im nervous, now.

yeah i had fun at the swap, much better than last time as it was outside and some awesome weather lol. Much more breathing room. Bought my first piece of sps, and talked Austin into gettig his first pieces lol. Maybe one day ill get off my *** and actually get my tank running instead of putting my stuff in his tank...

That's funny you mention that NCreefwannabe cause I was wondering where you were going to put the stuff you showed me. Dude what happened to you calling me today? :lol:

lol... i slept ALL day. Guess your rubbing off on me or something.. HAHA. Yeah last frag swap i bought some nice pink zoas and stuck them in his tank.

Im tryng to get Austin to give me like a $25 allowance while he is in Iraq so that each month I can buy him a few frags at the swap, so that when he gets home he'll have all sorts of new things to look at.

Now that the thread has split:

I live in Farmville and want to get rid of my 75 gallon glass tank and wood stand. The tank is broken down and ready to go right now.

I also have a 29 gallon sump with OTB overflow.

I have a High Output T-5 48" Odyssea light with 6x54 watt bulbs for sale.

I am also trying to sell about 20-30 lbs of live rock. I am keeping the live rock wet but I will either sell back to my LFS or someone that needs it before I start to have too much die-off.

If anyone is interested let me know!

Pictures of the tank while it was setup can be found at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jasonlwright/FishTank

Please email me at jasonlwright at gmail.com if you are interested in anything!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9343569#post9343569 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Paintbug
whoa, we finally split the thread!! LOL anyone happen to have a 300+ watt heater in the G'boro area they are willing to lend out or sell cheap? i think mine is on the way out. i caught the tank at 86.6º took out the heater, clean it up a little smacked it a couple of times, and so far so good LOL. but im nervous, now.

Paintbug, Get yourself 2, 200 watters instead. Will make it much safer next time one goes bonkers.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9343788#post9343788 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gary faulkner
Paintbug, Get yourself 2, 200 watters instead. Will make it much safer next time one goes bonkers.

that has always been the plan LOL. i picked up a nice acrylic tank at the swap, so i will have room for 2 heaters once i get that going. but in the mean time im just hoping the one i have doesnt stick on again. :eek1:

Ha ha, you're not right man. Well that's cool that you slept all day, I actually didn't. Steph and I went out to Farmville to Jason's place to pick up some of the LR he is selling (great rock, great guy, and great seller) IMO if anyone else is interested and nearby I highly recommend buying from him. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9343688#post9343688 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NCreefwannabe
lol... i slept ALL day. Guess your rubbing off on me or something.. HAHA. Yeah last frag swap i bought some nice pink zoas and stuck them in his tank.

Im tryng to get Austin to give me like a $25 allowance while he is in Iraq so that each month I can buy him a few frags at the swap, so that when he gets home he'll have all sorts of new things to look at.

Paintbug, best bet is a Ranco controller with the heaters wired into them. Temp problems are too common and you could lose everything to a stuck heater. I found the Ranco locally for around 48 bucks. Best insurance I ever bought. Hope you get it fixed soon.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9343513#post9343513 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishnfrogs
Bill,

I am interested but I live in New Bern so I'm pretty far from Greensboro. Do you ever go to the frag swap's at Down Under?

Not really. A little farther than I am willing to drive. I maybe ordering some more if all of these go and do well. I should be receiving my shipment tomorrow. If I get enough interest I might be able to ship them in NC & SC for very little cost maybe $4 or so. I will just have to see. Snails and hermits don't weigh much at all and shipping 2 day in NC & SC should still get the package to its place in one day.

Thanks for your interest though. If you wanted to meet me in Greensboro I could do that. I work down town so I am not far from 220 or I-85 and I-40.

So far 10 of the snails are spoken for at the moment.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9343569#post9343569 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Paintbug

Hey Paintbug if you can find one the Azoo 300 watt heater is perfect for smaller tanks. I have two in my 75 gallon now and I only have a 1 degree swing. Here is a link to them on Dr. Foster & Smith's website.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=13966&N=2004+113767

They go fast. Wish I could help.

Not really alot of charlotte reefers on this thread huh? I got on this one when it was still quite a young thread but I lived in MD at the time. I am back in NC in the Charlotte area now. Do yall do any swapping out here at all? It would be great to meet some fellow reefers again.

JR

I have a butt ton of Cheato that I need to get rid of. It is filled to the brim with pods since my Manderin decided to jump ship for no reason. You guys ever hear of a manderin jumping out of a tank? One of the other fish must have scared him. Sad, I had him for about a year and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back