All reefers in NC & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you running your own coral businesses - I still have insulated shipping boxes in my garage - LOTS of them that are just waiting for you to come steal them from me.

Let me know if anyone's interested. I'm in GSO.

my new acrylic frag table

my new acrylic frag table

I know you'll have heard me talking about my new frag table I been working on. Well I finaly got all my acrylic in and started glueing it all up. Its 4'x4'x1' , I'm using 3/8" because the stand I'm going to build will have a full plywood bottom and 2"x6" side so I'm not worried about bowing plus I'm putting 2" euro rails all along the top edges of the acrylic. I glued up the bottom and side yesterday and will finish the corners today. I will be making and selling these for pick up only in either 2'x4'x1'x3/8" or 1/2" and sumps as well or if you need the acrylic cut to your spec's I can do that as well. Give me a shout or drop by and come see it.

IM000165.jpg

IM000167.jpg

IM000168.jpg

IM000170.jpg

IM000172.jpg

come visit me at carolina-corals.com

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12536290#post12536290 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Electrobes
Are you using the pin method for the contruction of the tank, or just the taped method alone?
have'nt seen the pin method :explain please

Basically you take regular pin heads (Used for sowing I believe) and place it in between the two pieces of acrylic you want to join together. As you go gluing you kind of jump over the pins (every 6 inches) and then return to them 30 seconds later to pull it out, and glue it. The space in between apparently yields reliable seams.

This is the very short version, a search on google will show you a more detailed version.

Anyone want a free cracked 75g sump? Cracked on short side, the drilled one. Entirely repairable but we realized we're never gonna get around to it.

It's free for the picking up in Southpoint area of Durham.

-Sonja

up date on frag table

up date on frag table

Well I finished glueing it all up and water tested it. I found 3 little pin hole leaks so I had to go back and fix those. I did change my mind and go with a 4" eruo rail all one piece instead of 2" separate pieces. So I,ve now had it filled to 2" from the top for 3 days now and no leaks and even more satisfying no sign of any bowing whatsoever none!!![ boy I want to say I told you so to all those that said it would but I won't] Now its time for the plumbing and sump and stand. I'll keep you posted.

IM000181.jpg

IM000180.jpg

IM000179.jpg

IM000178.jpg

I'll keep you up to date and if your in greensboro drop by and check it out , I've got tons of frags to fill it with so I'll be posting more pic's of that as well, Dave E

Looking great, Dave. Can't wait to see it all filled up with coral.

Did you leak test it on that nice wood floor? You're braver than me!

Re: up date on frag table

Re: up date on frag table

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12571542#post12571542 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dne63
Well I finished glueing it all up and water tested it. I found 3 little pin hole leaks so I had to go back and fix those. I did change my mind and go with a 4" eruo rail all one piece instead of 2" separate pieces. So I,ve now had it filled to 2" from the top for 3 days now and no leaks and even more satisfying no sign of any bowing whatsoever none!!![ boy I want to say I told you so to all those that said it would but I won't] Now its time for the plumbing and sump and stand. I'll keep you posted.

IM000181.jpg

IM000180.jpg

IM000179.jpg

IM000178.jpg

I'll keep you up to date and if your in greensboro drop by and check it out , I've got tons of frags to fill it with so I'll be posting more pic's of that as well, Dave E

Dave, I believe in your original design you spec'd out 2" euro rails which were actually going to cross one another but it looks like the you changed up.... going with 4" one piece top euro? I am sure this added to the strength of the tank. What made you switch your design? Btw...looks great.

with the 2" there was no way to have one end of ea. over a corner so it was either go back and have one whole piece cut 2"w or go with the 4" for about $25 more so it was worth it just for extra strength

Hey everybody,

My tank is being shipped tomorrow! They told me they think it will only take one day, but I need to confirm it with the freight company's local hub. It will either be wednesday or thursday evening.

Is there anybody around the Cary/Raleigh area that might be available either of those days to help move a 220 into my house :D :D :D

You will be rewarded with beer and pizza aplenty.

Ryan, let me know which day and I will make a trip to cary to help you out. I can also bring a couple of "dolly's" and suction holders in the event they are need. Just shoot me a PM on day and time and I will be out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12573354#post12573354 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dne63
with the 2" there was no way to have one end of ea. over a corner so it was either go back and have one whole piece cut 2"w or go with the 4" for about $25 more so it was worth it just for extra strength

Are you going to have any type of overflow built inside or outside the tank? What are your plans for filtration? Sump? Skimmer? etc

I will try to get by this evening to check it out :)

Thanks Ron.

They just called me and its going to be thursday. Tomorrow they will give me a better time window but hopefully it works out.

I already got 6 suction cup lifters so I think it should be plenty. Also got some WO40 for you if you want it.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back