All reefers in NC & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9345460#post9345460 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by J4Life
Hey Paintbug if you can find one the Azoo 300 watt heater is perfect for smaller tanks. I have two in my 75 gallon now and I only have a 1 degree swing. Here is a link to them on Dr. Foster & Smith's website.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=13966&N=2004+113767

They go fast. Wish I could help.

i will probably end up getting two Visi-Therm Stealth Heaters. then a couple of the Ranco controllers Gary mentioned. right now my heater seems to be working fine, although when i turned it down last night i went a little to far. woke up and the tank was 76º, i try to keep it at 80º. its always something going on with this hobby LOL.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9345517#post9345517 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jounior
I have a butt ton of Cheato that I need to get rid of. It is filled to the brim with pods since my Manderin decided to jump ship for no reason. You guys ever hear of a manderin jumping out of a tank? One of the other fish must have scared him. Sad, I had him for about a year and a half.

Hey Jounior,

I would like to get some of that chaeto from you if possible. Would you be willing to mail it to me? I will be glad to send you some cash to ship it. I have some caulpera in my sump and a little chaeto but would like to add a bunch more.

Just pm me if you're interested and willing.

Thanks,
Bill

Well I got my snails and hermits this morning. They all look great. Can't wait to get them home and in the tank. I know I offered to sell 25 of each but I didn't realize that small meant (baby) which means they're all very tiny. I just wouldn't feel right selling them so I am just going to hold on to them for now and let them grow up a little. Some of them are smaller than a button on a shirt so that should give you a reference point of just how tiny they're.

I do apologize to those who offered to purchase some.

Hope everyone understands,
Bill

Ill be using most likely 2 of the visi therm stealth 200 watts myself. I had one in my 55 before and my temp never changed more than +/- .5 degrees.

now im debating on my c/l pump. either a dolphin ampmaster 2100 or an ocean runner.

basically either 1700 gph or 2100 gph for double the price lol??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9348636#post9348636 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NCreefwannabe
Ill be using most likely 2 of the visi therm stealth 200 watts myself. I had one in my 55 before and my temp never changed more than +/- .5 degrees.

now im debating on my c/l pump. either a dolphin ampmaster 2100 or an ocean runner.

basically either 1700 gph or 2100 gph for double the price lol??

I would think that the Ocean Runner wouldn't be a good candidate for a closed loop system. But I only have a 75 gallon tank. I did notice these babies out on Dr. Fosters site though.

lg-29128-38985-pump.jpg

Here is the link to them as well. Hydor Power Heads

When my Maxi-jets kick the bucket I am going to get me some of these. I think they will compete really well with the Tunez and Seio pumps.

:D

I got the number 2 model, good for 600 gph. Definitely recommend it. I replaced my MJ1200 and the hydor actually is milder. The water velocity is not strong, but I can see my xenias and stuff waving in my 47 gallon cube. I should of got the model 3, but F&S were out. Also, the wattage is not 4.5 as listed online, actually double that. Not that 9 watts matters under my MH lights...

I like the way you mount it inside. The mount the goes inside the tank is one big magnetic suction cup. Another one goes on the other side of the glass and is water safe. This way you can actually mount the powerhead onto your acrylic overflow and not worry about the back falling off.

Only one problem, they are cheaper than others but not as cheap as a MJ1200. Also, rotation/pivot is limited. I wish I could point mine down more.

Yeah i getting some of those pumps for my 90gal. I been thinking about 2x 4's. Should give me some nice flow.

Do they rotate like the adapters they sell for the conventional powerheads?

That to me would be a knock against them.

Thanks,
Bill

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9349944#post9349944 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by J4Life
Do they rotate like the adapters they sell for the conventional powerheads?

That to me would be a knock against them.

Thanks,
Bill

Nope, stationary constant flow. Doesn't use any mechanism that the hydor-FLOs use. More like the seios or tunzes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9352732#post9352732 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nUgZ
You should think about a Maxi-mod instead of those.

Just my opinion, I have 1200 MJ mod and the new Hydor.
I like the Hydor better. Not as much flow as the MJ it seems but with the swivel/magnet mount and ease of use, and no work involved makes the Hydor a better choice for me.

HTH

Paintbug,

You only need one of the single stage Ranco controllers to run as many heaters as you like. Run a search on here and you will see how this can make your heaters almost foolproof.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9352732#post9352732 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nUgZ
You should think about a Maxi-mod instead of those.

I have some maxi-jets and personally moding them is something I just wouldn't do.

Maybe you should check out that thread as well it might just change your opinion as well. It is a long one though so just giving you a heads up.

Thanks,
Bill

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9353941#post9353941 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nUgZ
I've seen them in action many times and if done correctly they can be very effective.

That I don't doubt. Sorry I should have been more specific. I just don't have the time to and I actually like my maxijets just the way they are.

What is appealing to me about the Hydor product is the magnet hanger and the ball pivot. Plus the price is affordable as well. I just wish they rotated like the add-ons they sell for other powerheads like my maxijets. I have 4 of them on my 1200 and 900 sets and ti makes them a bit bulky. But they are very efficient at moving the water very well which is what I like. I think some of the powerheads that people use are overkill.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9353816#post9353816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gary faulkner

Paintbug,

You only need one of the single stage Ranco controllers to run as many heaters as you like. Run a search on here and you will see how this can make your heaters almost foolproof.

that was throwing me off :) i seen the ones that you have to wire up. i wasnt sure if it would control more than one. where did you find yours? at an electrical shop? cheapest i found the ones that you wire up was on ebay for $60 or so.

DIYreef has them (I have to say that they're a sponsor of mine - for disclosure's sake) But even those getting no money from them would be sure to recommend them - they're really top notch for customer service.

I'd recommend springing for the 2 stage controller - when summer comes around and you can automatically turn on a barrage of fans or a chiller automatically to keep your tank cool, you'll thank me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9354635#post9354635 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Paintbug
that was throwing me off :) i seen the ones that you have to wire up. i wasnt sure if it would control more than one. where did you find yours? at an electrical shop? cheapest i found the ones that you wire up was on ebay for $60 or so.

I got mine from CC Dickson Co. They are a refrigeration supply.
Not sure if they have one in your area though.
Also Cashwell Appliance Parts Co.
Also Graingers.
I could show you how to wire it.

HTH

Hi all, I'm looking for a 50W + subermisble heater if you any of you have a spare laying around or anything please send me a PM with details.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back