All reefers in NC & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12395874#post12395874 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gary faulkner
Jamesurq

Wow, I almost didn't recognize you, with that avatar!

I had it custom painted for me :)

Scienceguy, I actually have to give props to the Lowes plumbing department. I needed a few PVC pieces to get my skimmer running right, went in and told the salesguy what I needed, he took me right to what I needed and I was back out the door in less than 10 minutes. Only cost me $3.00 too! Not too bad.

Also, the time for the move is almost here. Next Sunday is the big day for the tank. Everybody wish me luck!!!

J

Great to hear! The folks in those depts are typically ex-plumbers or long time sales associates.

Let me know if you need anything during the move. I believe I am in town.

Cool. Thanks. I think I've already got a few buddies lined up to help, but ill definately shout if something happens and we need another hand.

Hello-

I'm new to RC and just came across this thread. Glad to meet everyone.

I read back a few posts and saw that you were talking about suction cup lifters. Many tool rental stores stock a high quality version of these. My cousin and I used them to move his 210 and it made things sooo much easier. Hope that helps someone.

By the way jwb, GO PIRATES!

Being new to RC are there any other links, threads, or anything in general you guys recommend I check out?

I work about a 1/2 mile from Down Under and go by Aqautica on my way home and can hit Reef Keepers without going too far out of my way. I probably spend too much time in the stores! Aquatica got a couple blue jaw triggers (one m/f pair) in a shipment Wednesday afternoon if anyone is interested.

How do you guys like the LFS's around Raleigh?

I am upgrading to a 120 next week and have been full of questions. It is amazing how many different answers on the same question you get from the LFS owners.

Take your time on the 120g set-up. I did and am super glad that I did. I had almost no issues. This is a great group and they are super willing to answer anything!

Aquatica was sold a few days ago. Neal will no longer be the owner and is staying on for a little while as the "manger" to show the new owner the ropes... Be interested to see if it is a change for the better or worse.

Welcome!

As for links to read and what not I highly recommend reading the chemistry articles posted by Randy in the Chemistry Forum (Sticky is on the top). It's a lot of reading but it'll definitely take you up a knotch in Reefing. Plus Randy, Boomer, Bertoni, and all of them are great guys to speak with ;)

Hey everyone,

We have a friend that is thinking of building an acrylic sump, I know it's been mentioned here that have done the same. I've tried to search and search doesn't like me this morning. If you can give ideas or advice on this or can refer him to someone that does, it'd be much appreciated. Either post to this thread or pm me. Posting would probably be best so everyone can benefit from the info.

Thanks!

-Sonja

Also, RyanBrucks does some handy aryclic work. I purchased a sump from him a while back and it was very clean workmanship.

Btw...all rock previously for sale is sold. Thanks again to those who purchased.

Have any of you guys ever been to Reef Keepers in Clayton? It is a great store and the owner, Bill, seems to be a good guy. He appears to be a very ethical person and tries to stock his store with species that are harvested in environmentally friendly ways. He has some extreme views on live rock. He says that Tonga is the only "good" live rock. Fiji, or any other rock as I took it, is bad for your tank in the long run. Has anyone else heard this live rock theory? What do you think? (He also charges $10 a pound for his rock!!!)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12496053#post12496053 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tank monkey
Have any of you guys ever been to Reef Keepers in Clayton? It is a great store and the owner, Bill, seems to be a good guy. He appears to be a very ethical person and tries to stock his store with species that are harvested in environmentally friendly ways. He has some extreme views on live rock. He says that Tonga is the only "good" live rock. Fiji, or any other rock as I took it, is bad for your tank in the long run. Has anyone else heard this live rock theory? What do you think? (He also charges $10 a pound for his rock!!!)

Never heard that "theory" before. It's hard to examine without his specific rationale, but I don't think you'd have trouble finding tanks that have been running for "long term" (5+ or probably even 10+ years) with LR other than tonga. JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back