Amblypomacentrus breviceps care?

Touge

Hey has anyone kept black banded damselfish, Amblypomacentrus breviceps?
I found what i believe is one at my local petco and he's been there for a month and hasn't bullied anyone everytime I go there. So thinking of grabbing it if they are one of the nicer damsels.
acf3dd616554459f82a5efae3a6bc27d.jpg
ecd92a2869b7cde293b577a84790b025.jpg
c7716f0935f999f39256d49197afe44d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I have no experience with that specific species it but the species I've kept from the related Pomacentrus genus I'd say on average are as aggressive as mature female clowns. It will get the size of a large female ocillerus clown (~3") so if it's just moderately aggressive and in a smaller tank it still might be a problem.

I have no experience with that specific species it but the species I've kept from the related Pomacentrus genus I'd say on average are as aggressive as mature female clowns. It will get the size of a large female ocillerus clown (~3") so if it's just moderately aggressive and in a smaller tank it still might be a problem.
Alright thank you for your input! That might be a good damselfish to get if i want to keep a school of chromis, should keep the chromis busy with the damsel and not kill each other off

If you have good luck with that, as in 2 or 3 years, post it. My experience has shown other damsel species hasn't helped keeping green chromis long term.

If you have good luck with that, as in 2 or 3 years, post it. My experience has shown other damsel species hasn't helped keeping green chromis long term.
Interesting, I'll definitely make a thread if i go with a school of chromis. Right now plans is to do a mix chromis tank with some of the nicer damsels, only one individual from each species.

That looks a lot like the Tuxedo Damselfish (Chrysiptera tricincta). I kept three in a 180. The females were very docile, the male not so much. Singly they were fine. Impossible to know if they behave the same, but they look very similar.

That looks a lot like the Tuxedo Damselfish (Chrysiptera tricincta). I kept three in a 180. The females were very docile, the male not so much. Singly they were fine. Impossible to know if they behave the same, but they look very similar.
It does but the bands on tuxedoes go all the way down, this guy is only half way, heres a pic of black banded that i found on google. Some have a yellow belly but im not sure if its a locality thing or age thing
0ce7b4cd6451ac2b9a345edc7c926e5b.jpg

Sounds like it will be interesting. Lots of color and movement. Do look into the more common but relatively mild varieties like the Azure, Yellowtail, Talbot’s, Starcki’s, Tracey’s, Neon, Andaman, Lemon etc. Maybe even the Blue and Fiji Devils.

Sounds like it will be interesting. Lots of color and movement. Do look into the more common but relatively mild varieties like the Azure, Yellowtail, Talbot's, Starcki's, Tracey's, Neon, Andaman, Lemon etc. Maybe even the Blue and Fiji Devils.
Yeah, planning to get those guys a little later, my experience with those are alright, a bit bickery but thats expected from damsels, just want to make sure the fancy rare expensive chromis settle in first

Back