Angel not eating

arron

I've purchased a gold flake angel about 10 days ago and it doesnt want to eat anything other than nori. It can eat quite a lot fo nori but doesnt touch pellets, flakes or any frozen food. His stomach was already sunken when he arrived. Is it unhealthy for my goldflake to only eat nori? Anyway to boost nutrition value of nori? Thanks for the help!

You can buy vitamins or supplements at the LFS and soak the nori in it before you put it in the tank. You might try some other kinds of algae beside nori as well.

Good luck, they are beautiful fish. I have a Potters Dwarf Angel that has become quite a good eater now that it is in a FOWLR tank with a few butterflyfish.

In the past, live clam from the grocery store has helped triggered a feeding response for me. Keep trying different things.

I bought a GF about two weeks ago as well. Mine is a pig. He will eat both Formula One and Formula Two Flakes. Also mysis, brine, bloodworms, clams and probably the kitchen sink.
Good luck!

Sadly mine doesnt even eat clams... live food also wont touch. Only eats ocean nutrition seaweed. Not sure if it is nutritional enough to keep it healthy and alive

Back