Any shooters on here??

The longest wait is the the interview date. Then a week or so after the live scan to be approved. That was pre pandemic though.

For about 2 months they were actually doing zoom interviews, people were getting issued 2-3 weeks after application. I missed that by a few weeks..... which Is fine because I haven't needed it in that time and if all goes well, I'll never need it.

awesome... more gun guys. i have guns, some handguns, some rifles. but need more guns and more ammo. recently was lucky enough to come up on a daniel defense dd5v4. also found a shop w 308. double score. still looking for good glass. maybe a elcan spectre 1.5-6 or trijicon vcog. any recommendations?

Last edited:
I love my ACOG can’t go wrong by once cry once LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Troof!

I’m and Eotech guy because I can’t afford ACOG but ACOG + beard = operatorAF.

I had a 17 year old 512 fail on me and since they couldn’t fix it, they gave me a coupon for a discount on anything on their site. Unfortunately they have been out of stock of everything I might ant for months.

well, I got some data and I think I found one outstanding load but I'll have to cook up a few groups to be sure.

20" RRA A2 NM HBAR
WC844 under bulk 55's 2.26 OAL

24.0 grains 2880.23;fps; Std. Dev;31.80;fps;
24.2 grains 2910.32;fps; Ste. Dev;11.72;fps;
24.4 grains 2914.69;fps; Std. Dev;61.04;fps;
24.6 grains 2958.57;fps; Std. Dev;27.37;fps;
24.8 grains 3049.54;fps; Std. Dev;32.13;fps;
25.0 grains 2994.56;fps; Std. Dev;12.95;fps;
25.2 grains 3019.58;fps; Std. Dev;68.89;fps;
25.4 grains 3035.24;fps; Std. Dev;48.39;fps;
25.6 grains 3082.71;fps; Std. Dev;49.65;fps;

interesting is this "test" group I made with my 550 powder measure.. only 3 rounds but..
24.5 grains

Stats - Average;2929.47;fps;
Stats - Highest;2936.45;fps;
Stats - Lowest;2924.41;fps;
Stats - Ext. Spread;12.04;fps;
Stats - Std. Dev;6.24;fps;

I pumped out 100 rounds of that std dev 6.4fps ammo last night.... just in case....

I won't carry illegally.

Yeah for sure it's just not worth it
Even with the CCW you need insurance to cover you personally in case you actually have to use the firearm which probably wouldn't be a bad idea in general for people with property to lose

Yeah for sure it's just not worth it
Even with the CCW you need insurance to cover you personally in case you actually have to use the firearm which probably wouldn't be a bad idea in general for people with property to lose

There's several providers, I chose one of the better ones and it covers the entire family for less than the price of an XR30 for year.

If all goes well, none of my guns will ever be used on anything other than Target practice or harvesting game. But if somebody does make a series of incredibly poor decisions and forces one of us into a position we never want to be in, I don't want it to damage the security our family has build over the years.

Planning on taking a beginners then intermediate gun course in the next couple of weeks. Looking to purchase a pistol and then possibly/most likely a shotgun.

How much should I expect to spend on a mid range gun? What about at the higher end? Also, what caliber should I be looking at. I believe the courses have you using .22. One of my buddies said to look at 9mms.

What is like the Toyota Camry of handguns? What is the BMW of handguns? And if it's mostly about practice with the tool itself, what exactly are you getting with the higher end equipment? Same with shotguns.

Also I googled a picture of some rifle somebody posted in the second page of the thread and now I want a $3,000 AR. Thanks a lot jerks.

Last edited:
Planning on taking a beginners then intermediate gun course in the next couple of weeks. Looking to purchase a pistol and then possibly/most likely a shotgun.

How much should I expect to spend on a mid range gun? What about at the higher end? Also, what caliber should I be looking at. I believe the courses have you using .22. One of my buddies said to look at 9mms.

What is like the Toyota Camry of handguns? What is the BMW of handguns? And if it's mostly about practice with the tool itself, what exactly are you getting with the higher end equipment? Same with shotguns.

Also I googled a picture of some rifle somebody posted in the second page of the thread and now I want a $3,000 AR. Thanks a lot jerks.

It's hard to find pistols or shotguns of any variety at the moment but you can check out some of the local stores to see what they have in stock

Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 pump shotgun, revolver if you want simplicity or maybe Glock or XD 9 mm pistol although good luck finding the ammunition for it LOL

It's hard to find pistols or shotguns of any variety at the moment but you can check out some of the local stores to see what they have in stock

Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 pump shotgun, revolver if you want simplicity or maybe Glock or XD 9 mm pistol although good luck finding the ammunition for it LOL

There seem to be some Beretta 1951's floating around. It's basically a 60 year old single stack version of the 92. You can get them for pretty cheep and they do the job. If I had one, I'd put it on my permit...probably. There is still a chance I get issued.

There's still the issue with you can't find ammo.

Back