Any volunteers to performe a surgical cloning of a bubble tip Anemone

jaguar27

I'm interested in cutting a bubble tip anemone in half, but im a little squeamish in doing the cut. So I will provide the subjet 'anemone' and a clean butcher knife. I have seen some articles and sounds interesting.

I would not recommend to do this. Unlike some other corals that can be fragged, anemones are one of those animals that you should wait till nature does it on its own.

I have read that you can split an anemone by cutting into it. But the survival rate for doing this method is almost slim to none.

Also, not to mention that once anemones decide to die, they can and will cause havoc in your tank. It will cloud and cause an ammonia spike so fast, that you can only hope that all of the animals in the tank make it. Believe me, I had one die and it pretty much destroyed my water :uzi: parameters in my tank. I had to do an emergency 90% water change and 50% water changes every other day for a week to lower the ammonia to zero. That's how bad it got.

Don't tempt fate. Let the anemone split on its own. This way, you get 2 very healthy animals.

If healthy and all of your tank parameters are great, along w/lighting, they can split at least a couple of times per year. If I am correct, Dennis' anemones split at least a couple of times on his rose BTA's within a span of a couple of months. I believe he went from one to 5 RBTA's.

It just really depends on the animal and its health. If it is "happy", it will split for you many times. Good luck.

I had the rare opportunity to witness my rose splitting last year. The following day it split again. It was pretty neat to watch.

I would just give yours time and let it split on its own... JMO

Attachments

• STA70747.jpg
    STA70747.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1
  • STA70749.jpg
    STA70749.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1
Back