Anybody want to upgrade their tank???

is it just me or does that tank look a little small to be 18' long? the pillows in the front of one of the pics must be about 3-4 feet wide?!?! no pics of any of the equipment. no mention of what corals are in the tank. if im dropping $20,000 for a tank i would like more details LOL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6489746#post6489746 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Paintbug
is it just me or does that tank look a little small to be 18' long? the pillows in the front of one of the pics must be about 3-4 feet wide?!?! no pics of any of the equipment. no mention of what corals are in the tank. if im dropping $20,000 for a tank i would like more details LOL

It states that the corals are fake in the tank. It doesnt look leke there is even water in it...

Looking at it again, it would make sense to have something like this in a DR's office. The only problem is it would be impossable to clean. For a fake it looks pretty cool.

I still wouldn't pay $20k for a fake. It does in fact look empty, although a couple of pictures it almost looks like there is glare from the surface of the water. I wonder how he came about his $130k figure....

You'd think for $20,000 he could afford to have someone come in and take some GOOD pictures of the tank...and maybe even at least ONE shot of the equipment. I'd like to see the 300 gallon sump.

How the heck could you have a $130,000 tank and not even be able to spell "canope"??????? Raises some definite suspicions.

Dennis

living color is a custom tank manufacturer that specializes in the best looking coral replicas i have ever seen. they cater to people who want perfect, super custom aquariums installed and maintained. for thier customer base cost is a non issue, but perfection and service are. $100,000 aquariums are common for this company and they send people all over the world to install them.

however, i wouldnt buy one off ebay, especialy from an unknown seller. can you say scam.

Re: Anybody want to upgrade their tank???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6489706#post6489706 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by piscivorous
Anyone want to upgrade their tanks? The sump for this is larger than most of our tanks. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-900-gallon-Aq...736631403QQcategoryZ20755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you think the price is high.......I put in my zip to get a price for shipping and handing.......
Shipping & Handling: $3,748.40
(Insurance based on final value)

you will notice that someone bid 10K for it who has feed back of 500 and something, then someon with 0 feedback comes and bids it up 5k mode, to me that looks like the seller bumping the price up under a diff account

amazing what people will do.

Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6492492#post6492492 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by djacob
you will notice that someone bid 10K for it who has feed back of 500 and something, then someon with 0 feedback comes and bids it up 5k mode, to me that looks like the seller bumping the price up under a diff account

amazing what people will do.

Dave
the one bidding just signed up yesterday as well!?!?! i smell scam

That tank would be cool for about 1 few weeks until the coral didn't change or do a thing then that would be it.
And it does seem shady with a person upping the bid by 5k the day they register with ebay.
Maybe not a scam but with someone padding the price you will pay more then you should.

Maybe not a scam but there selling on EBay skills are lacking. I bet its a repo job or some company bought the building and it stayed... They don't know anything about fishtanks and did a search on the manufacturer and saw dollar signs all over the place.

If I got that tank I would pull out the fake corals and put in a ton of live rock. The lighting on this tank would be really expensive so maybe do FOWLR. Light up part of it as a reef.

As for it being a scam, only the most ignorant person would pay $20,000 up front, via check or what ever. $20,000 would be paid in person only. If your spending $20,000, you'd fly to inspect everything before handing your cash over. Or at least pay someone in the area who knows what thier doing, to inspect it for you, and move it to a safe location.

I dont think its a scam at all. Like someone else said, it's most likely an auction house that came in and won the bid on the whole estate. Or it could be some rich ars person who just got tired of it and would rather just get something back out of it ( and someone else move it ). I can see water on the surface, in a couple pics. As for someone padding the price, this could be. Or it could be someone who has been shopping for a huge tank, thier bud tell's them about this on ebay, and had to register to make a bid. Could very well be someone knowing they could make a huge buck reselling it. Either way, he stated $20,000 was the required amount to buy, but the reserve is met at $15,000. So if he was bidding himself up, he just paid ebay some decent bucks if noone out bids him.

I vote scam. It appears to be a very pathetic attempt at a shill bid. Their shill bid account was registered yesterday. I don't know about you guys, but I don't think somebody registers for ebay doesn't buy a $20,000 aquarium as their first item. Most people buy small stuff to build up feedback and just get their feel for ebay in general. I would not be surprised if the auction was pulled lol.

have any of you guys seen Livingcolor's work in person??? dont hate on the fake stuff.. that stuff looks SO GOOD! in fact, i have seen 3 LARGE fishtanks by them that had fish and 4 others that were empty and for sale.. 1 of them is a 5,000g Chilled Circular tank with Black Tip sharks and some other predatory sharks, and then the other 2 were (i think 2,300g) somwhere around 2,000-3,000 and one is Freshwater and the other Saltwater...the tanks looks SOOOOO good... i think livingcolor is a great (high price) company.... this guy doesnt sound like a fake. and besides.. i know people who can and prob will drop that much money on something they want.... if you have the money, go for it!

Back