Anyone ever get stung by their rbta

Did anyone ever get stung by their anemone? Tonight cleaning my tank with only an anemone and clowns in it. I got stung and hand started burning and stinging. Washed hand right away? 2 to 4 mins late a bunch of hives all over the burning area.

What do you do for it?

Freaking out a little.

Thanks

Yipes! And just today I moved that RBTA I got from you from one tank to another... bare-handed. And... At NERAC I had a conversation with Chris Damiano about how he converted many of us to always USE GLOVES! Hello?... so there I am sans gloves, and now you report the above!

George

George don't handle it again. Where gloves. It burns like a wasp sting or bee. Last time I will ever touch one. I have touched them for the past 8 years and never had a problem. So crazy.

I've never been stung by BTA but from now on i think I'll show a little more caution.

I'm a firm believer now in gloves. 8 years of handling these things never had a problem. Today it feels like I was stung by a bee. No redness of swelling. Looks like nothing happened last night. But if I brush my hand against something it's burns a little. Totally freaky. Be careful everyone.

Well I am guessing it it more of a reaction because I was under the impression that they sting (or as I describe as stickiness) happens at the microscopic level.

Back