Anyone growing Anemones under L.E.D.?

I use the ai sol super blue and my BTA is growing extremely fast. Probably one of the 'happiest' nems I've seen. My aquarium is 24 inches deep and I have never turned my lights above 22%

30" is pretty deep for LED's without lenses, but mine are growing like weeds under DIY LED'S

I have some bicolor bubble tips that are doing great under a 48" 300w maxspect razor. I think the highest the light is turned up to is 62%w 64%B.

They are both near the bottom of the tank (26" H)

EvolutionZ- beautiful bta!

kalgra- Wow, you have some incredible bta's! I love the before and after pictures. Thanks for sharing!

I have noticed that different colored nems have different reactions to the same light my assumption is that the zooaxnthelle of different colors is reacting to different wave lengths of light. With most LED fixtures being relatively narrow in spectrum vs MH I would assume that certain species may thrive while others may slightly struggle. AI hydras in my opinion have a weird output that doesn't seem to completely mix so your nem may not be getting the intended mixed spectrum effect.

Granted I might be talking out of the wrong end and this is just an hypothesis. I do agree that with the earlier statement about the 30" tank maybe being too much depth for the hydras. (I should note that I like AI products I just feel that they work better on some tanks than others... everything has a trade off)

IMG_06471.jpg

These bubbles are all 24"+ from my kessil, the green was bleached when I got it but quickly recovered. The roses seem to spend more time extending towards the light while the green reaches into the flow. The roses all so seem to be able to maintain most of the colors in them.

Personally I feel that while growth tends to indicate a healthy specimen that it may not be the best measure sometimes stickiness, shape, ability to feed, and expulsion habits can also be measures.

You guys have some nice looking rbtas,i would like to hear some more input on the higher light demanding anemones like H.Mags and Gigs.I have 3 rbtas that are under a cheap 120 watt led on my 28 and they seem to really do well.

I thought this might make for a nice reference regarding the color differences between my two Sunburts that I mentioned earlier. Keep in mind both of these came from the original mother if you want to call it that were then both propagated separately in two different peoples frag flats for the last 2-3 years or so.

This first pic is the Sunburst that was propagated under LEDs mostly Radion gen1 and gen2 pro

The second one was propagated under MH

I think this illustrated better the color difference I was talking about. The orange on the LED SB is more florescent and the orange on the MH SB is deeper and more of a burnt orange.

Sorry for them being shrunk up pictures but I think with them less inflated you can get a better idea of the actual pigment.

wow LED's give such a great color.. i found a 20$ LED strip on amazon.. whats the difference between the LEDS of that and the really expensive fictures??

Tons?

Tons?

wow LED's give such a great color.. i found a 20$ LED strip on amazon.. whats the difference between the LEDS of that and the really expensive fictures??

Spectrum, power, features. I went with the Hydra 52s for ease of use with a controller and the ability to have high par at 30" depth for sand dwellers like my Haddoni.

My goodness Kalgra stop already. You're making everyone jealous at how beautiful those nems look. Lol. I can not wait to get some RBTA's. I'm waiting till after i move in the next month or 2 and then I dream of having nems like yours. Thank you for sharing.

Back