Anyone know/recommend a custom aquarium and/or stand builder?

rhkingsfan2

I'm gotten to the point where I want to buy my "dream" tank which is a 32x32x20 cube with special corner overflow with a dry pipe and vortech holder. If this sounds familiar, what I really want to buy is d2mini's perfect 130g reef found here:

https://www.livingreefs.com/threads/d2minis-real-130g-rimless-cube-build-thread.22481/

Does anyone know who would build something like this? My back up plan would be a IM 80 gallon EXT tank which isn't comparable really. I got a quote from John at Advance Acrylics on the tank but I think going acrylic is really a last resort type thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I remember this thread from back in the day! :) If memory serves correctly, I believe it's a 36x36x24 cube. Your dimensions are a bit smaller. Go with Crystal Dynamics. Will cost you more than an IM, but at least you'll get those dimensions right!

Thanks Jamie. Did you order a crystal dynamics tank? If so, do you mind telling me which store you went to order it from? I pinged Aaron from SPS today.

this thread takes me back 10 years ago, I swear ... haha . I got my tank back in 2014, from Leemar, *right* before they became Crystal dynamics. I ordered mine from SPS coral store--ALSO from Aaron as well! I didn't realize Aaron's still around. Is the store still there, or is he doing something online now?

I live right by the store so I stop by here and there. The store is open super short hours; like 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I haven’t seen him lately. There’s usually someone pretty young behind the counter.

I didn’t realize Crystal Dynamics was LeeMar!

I have a custom 36x36x16, but I went with a shadow overflow (don't like internal boxes). I got it through Golden State Corals in Reseda. If you're not using low iron or starphire, then that will reduce the cost a bit. I know Smite had a custom 205g built from CD recently. It took a while to build though.

Back