Anyone make it to academy of science today?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13568261#post13568261 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tuberider
not to ooohh an ahhh the public for profit..

I did notice the entire Academy has roving picture takers akin to an amusement park where you can buy your pictures later though... :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13614090#post13614090 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sfsuphysics

Planetarium show I was disappointed with, to me planetarium means points of light, showing the night sky what it looks like from Earth, and maybe some other stuff. What they had was none of it, it was basically IMAX on steriods, projecting on the entire dome a movie hosted by Sigourney Weaver, no wonder I can't get a job there... they don't actually have a need for anyone who knows anything about astronomy! :D

I have to agree that this is a bit of a disappointment. I want to learn cool stuff, especially inside a dome, not be inundated with a BS movie.

I haven't gone yet but I will soon!

That was a crazy day Mike. We broke down the big tank at Howard Street and moved all the fish to the park! :D

Oh yeah Rich? That 10k gallon tank was still up with fish? Did you guys fish them out with a big net? Or drain the tank until there was no where for them to go? :D

You guys did look a bit busy which is why I didn't stay and chat your ear off... plus I saw you were low man on the totem pole being as you had "start the siphon" duty ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13453315#post13453315 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Elite
Does kid under 10 get in free?

if you wear a baseball cap and try not to stand so tall you could probably make in for free ;)

Back