anyone own a half cylinder tank?

Brenden

I am looking at purchasing another tank. I am looking at a 144gal half cylinder. Does anyone have one? Any pros/cons? I am mainly worried about it being a possible pain to clean it. Any info would be appreciated.

I bought one a while back on ebay from a guy who was trying to get his business known.

It is a 60 gallon half-circle, acrylic, completely open top.......I'm sorry to say it is still in the crate it was shipped to me in, after I water tested it. Looking at it, I wondered the same thing about cleaning it. Just get a huge clean up crew, put one of the cleaning pads on a piece of PVC and DIY a cleaner.

dippin61....it is not quite a bow front, but more of a half-circle. Mine is about 4 feet long, and the front makes a complete half circle meeting both ends of the back. I am pretty sure this is what he is talking about.

Dippin61: As bkwudzjeep said....It is basically a circle cut in half. No seams on the viewing surface. Also no sides like a bowfront.

I am not worried about algae. Caralline is the pain in my current tank. No up and down scraping. Everything will have to be from left to right.

I saw some at this place last year when I was picking up nano tanks.

OV_half_cylinder_with_3d.jpg

4fishtank.com

These were made of glass and were very nice.

The fake coral makes it look cheesy but you get the idea...:D

Using a side toside motion with a mag float with a scraper attachment should make it a bit easier.

I have the 144 gallon oceanic (I have just started working w/ this tank) Here are some pictures to add to the topic. (That ladder is 6ft)
IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Just bought the Oceanic 144 gal half cylinder and am setting it up today. As far as lighting i have two 250 watt HQI lumenarc pendents that I am going to run Phoenix 14k HQI in. Will post some pics when I get it done.

I have worked with a lot of these and looking at them for any extended period of time can make you queasy - I am a fisherman and diver and never get seasick, but one I serviced years ago would always turn my stomach.

Back