anyone want to jump in on a box or two of kaelini w/ me?

microbubbles

i'm starting up a new large reef and i'm in the process of finding and curing new rock. anyway, i decided on kaelini- but i think i already have too much rock. i just picked up 135 lbs last week and now i have another 176 lbs on order.

i just wanted to troll for some interest if there's anyone who might want want to buy the leftover kaelini rocks (i ordered 2 boxes x 88 lbs each)- they're most likely going to be at least 7" and up. i'm really only looking for the larger pieces like i said.
there's no way of knowing for sure, but i think i might have around 40 lbs leftover. the price is $3.50 /per pound. i'm taking a loss on what i'll be paying, seeing how i'm keeping the larger pieces. pm me if you're interested. i've been told that the rock should be arriving into california late today or early tomorrow.
-miguel

when i clicked on this thread i thought you wanted to find someone who'd jump into a tank full of kaelini rock w/ you. :lol:

oh, heheh. i always do this- i'm in the city of diamond bar.

i'm picking up 2 boxes for sure- it's going to be a total weight of 176 lbs so there should be more than plenty to go around. i should be available tonight before it gets too late. pm me with your numbers and i'll call you as soon as i have the rock in my possession.

just picked up the rock right now and i'm about to throw it into the curing vat.

xeniamania:
the rock is just more porous and much prettier than fiji premium. the coralline is colored red, purple, orage, green and pink. there should be about 5-10lbs of rubble left over for you if you like.

this rock is by far the nicest rock i've ever seen, bar none. i was going to cook this rock until i saw it for myself and the color/shape/density/texture is off the wall. there's no way i'm going to waste this rock by cooking it

for those of you with previous kaelini experience- does the coralline stay on the rock? or does it all turn purple eventually. the reason i ask is, i've seen many tanks where people used kaelini and i don't remember their rock being especially colorful- i'm guessing the pink, orange, green red and majenta coralline all turns purple eventually? any thoughts?

You are to far away from me to pick up, but I would like to purchase a box of Kaelini. Could you tell me where you purchased it? Thanks

Back