Apex fried by lightning strike, is their a basic controller out there besides APEX?

Last year, a nearby lightning strike took out my Apex, the computer, the display and an energy bar. I liked APEDX's ability to shut off individual devices remotely. Is there a basic controller that does this? Not looking for monitoring, unless the price is inexpensive, like an APEX knock off. Thanks

Hydros control xp3 starter kit if you want monitoring. Hydros control xp8 if you want heavy duty switching without monitoring. You can expand to have whatever you want later anyway. I'm thinking the xp3 for my next build but not sure about the wireless energy bar (although the reviews all seem positive).

I use the Hydros and I have several screenshots and photos of the Hydros on my build thread here Hex Tank Build . They start on post #74 on page 4. I started inon here a couple of moths back and have only got up to March of 2021 so far so there is a lot more to come before I get it current, But there is still enough to get an idea of the system. If you have any questions I will be happy to see if I can answer them for you.

Hydros control xp3 starter kit if you want monitoring. Hydros control xp8 if you want heavy duty switching without monitoring. You can expand to have whatever you want later anyway. I'm thinking the xp3 for my next build but not sure about the wireless energy bar (although the reviews all seem positive).
There have been a few that have had issues with the wifi power strips but I have had very little issues myself. That said I do not use them for ATO, AWC or any type of dosing. I use drive ports for those things. I did get a XP8 a while back and my return, heaters, skimmer and cooling fans are on it. I currently have nine controllers in a collective so they act like one large controller. They include X2, X3, X4, XS, XP8 and a WEv2. I have more than one of a couple.

Last edited:
Kasa strip from Amazon. They are extremely helpful and relatively cheap ~$47.
Do these require an Alexa or the like or could I operate it just from a phone app? The description on Amazon wasn’t clear IMO. (Or, I’m a dummy😂)

Last edited:
Back