Apex Fusion Question

SWBeginer

When my Apex Fusion was offline I usually use the restart setting in the Net Setup Manu on the display to make it work again. How do I reset/restart without the display or while I am away from my home? Thanks!!!
e0961520bbfe3b1c8f2a4ccab0cb25f8.jpg

3e4c264536f908af979ad76285aaadce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need to have an internet connection first.
Then go to settings once you're in fusion, then click on the wrench symbol
And scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see a check box restart reboot apex.

Restart by tearing that garbage off your tank. This is just the beginning of failures. Next your heaters will turn on full blast and nothing will notify you. Or your dose will stop dumping additives. It's just the beginning of glitches bro.

Is this a new style or classic? My classic has been pretty much bulletproof for years. The only time it loses connection is when the WiFi drops on my crappy router. When I go on vacation I just hard wire the Apex so it never drops.

Have you ruled out a WiFi router issue?

Pull the power out of the apex and modules. force reboot if you dont have the display working anymore. see if it reattaches to your wifi so it can reach Fusion. As DTW said I also saw many issues with my wifi connection with the Classic. THe new version I have had no issues at all with connections or wifi(also got a better router so probably helps).
After reboot if not working. Did you have your static IP written down? See if its pingable from another device. Might have lost its IP also which you will need to connect it directly to your pc to reconfigure. Check your Wifi router to see what devices are connecting that might help you ID which IP it is trying to use if your have DHCP enabled.

I have an Apex classic that used to lose connection a few times per day daily when I was using a Netgear WiFi bridge. I changed to a Netgear WiFi extender and since then I've never had a lost connection in over 3 years. I don't know the reason, but that's been my experience.

Restart by tearing that garbage off your tank. This is just the beginning of failures. Next your heaters will turn on full blast and nothing will notify you. Or your dose will stop dumping additives. It's just the beginning of glitches bro.

Stop scaring me Dan.

Apex Fusion Question

Is this a new style or classic? My classic has been pretty much bulletproof for years. The only time it loses connection is when the WiFi drops on my crappy router. When I go on vacation I just hard wire the Apex so it never drops.

Have you ruled out a WiFi router issue?

Hey Mike, It's the classic with WIFI extender.

Last edited:
Apex Fusion Question

Pull the power out of the apex and modules. force reboot if you dont have the display working anymore. see if it reattaches to your wifi so it can reach Fusion. As DTW said I also saw many issues with my wifi connection with the Classic. THe new version I have had no issues at all with connections or wifi(also got a better router so probably helps).
After reboot if not working. Did you have your static IP written down? See if its pingable from another device. Might have lost its IP also which you will need to connect it directly to your pc to reconfigure. Check your Wifi router to see what devices are connecting that might help you ID which IP it is trying to use if your have DHCP enabled.

It's the orange color classic one not the black nor WiFi version. I had it reset using the display after I got home.

The worrisome is the connection still dropped even it is connecting to a WiFi extender. If that happened again is there a way to restart it while away from home.

I was having a lot of drops on some of the newer firmware versions. The last one I found bulletproof is Rev 4.52-5A17. I've stayed on that one and it's been great. If you reboot the router, does the Apex reconnect? That's why I know it's my WiFi router and not the bridge or Apex.

I had an old one do somthing similar. it started when we had a pg & E black out. rebooted with instability and never was the same. ended up going totally new just the head unit. super happy I did.

Not possible for everybody, but I specifically wired up a long run of cat-5 for my apex and that has been super reliable for me.

My aped is hard wired to my Xfinity modem. Last time there happened I restarted my modem with the xfi app. Had to restart twice but got it to connect to fusion

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back