ApexJr Update Web Pages Fail

Spankna

I receive the following message when trying to upload the 4.12 web pages.
"Uploading file: all.js...
Success
Uploading file: aqua.css...
Success
Uploading file: banner.jpg...
Success
Uploading file: bantopbg.jpg...
Success
Uploading file: body.png...

Operation failed with the following error information:

The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly."

Running Win7 x64 hardwired to hardwired Apex. Firmware update went perfect. Double checked Apex credentials, IP(not using hostname), and port. Removed body.png from www folder and it still fails on next file.

Any ideas?

Make sure that NOTHING else is accessing the Apex web pages other than the Apex Flash Utility. Close down browser windows, smartphone apps, etc.

To verify Avast was the issue, I started the Avast service and tried the update again, no cheese. It was definitely Avast.

I have the exact same issue. I have had the Apex system for about 2 weeks now. I did read somewhere that if you are able to update the firmware, then it updates the web pages too. So when I purchased mine, it had 4.0 or something like that on it. I updated to the latest no problem. I still can't go in and update just the web pages.

I do not have anything blocking it, if I did, the firmware should have failed too.

I do not have anything blocking it, if I did, the firmware should have failed too.

The actual firmware is updated differently than the web pages. The web pages actually rely on IP addresses, ports and login credentials. The firmware does not and works at a lower level. The firmware actually creates its own IP address to use on a temporary basis. So it's possible to update the firmware OK and have trouble loading the web pages - to prove this, put in a bogus port number. Your firmware update will work OK but your web page load will fail.

Gotcha. Not sure why my web page update is failing then. I might try it again as I put my DSL modem in "bridge" mode to work with the router. I suspect that causes a lot of grief as people don't normally know that their modem has a firewall as well.

Gotcha. Not sure why my web page update is failing then. I might try it again as I put my DSL modem in "bridge" mode to work with the router. I suspect that causes a lot of grief as people don't normally know that their modem has a firewall as well.
Your modem isn't even in the data path when accessing your controller locally. So it is doubtful that has anything to do with it. Most issues with updating firmware are computer-related (not network-related). First, make sure nothing else is accessing the Apex web pages while running the Flash Utility. Disable any anti-virus, anti-malware, and firewall software. If that doesn't help, reboot the PC into safe mode with Networking. Google for how to do it for your version of Windows.

Definately Avast. Tried a couple times with Avast running before I found this thread...didn't work. Disabled Avast, ran web pages update...operation successful.

had the same issue...was able to update firmware but not the web pages. disabled Avast and voila! updates completed.

I have a couple of Apple computers, no antivirus needed and no firewall protection. Never a problem. with updates on webpage.

Back