Apisto's Shallow Deep-waters

A couple of new additions arrived this morning:bounce3:. I would put 2 bouncy guys on there if I knew how to take care of acans better:hmm6:

Here' one of the few that I have had for awhile and still looks pretty good:fun2:

And back to a few deep-waters...

Red Dragon is one of the best looking acros wo/ supps. This shot is under MH.

Under T5s and Reefbrights.

And this! :inlove:

Thanks Christi:wave: The first one you asked about is Snipers Rainbow Pinwheel. And "this" one is SCs Holy Crap acan. And while I'm at it, the other one I got from Hugo (snipersps) today was the Roswell Project (first acan pic above). Hope I keep all of these alive...for whatever reason, I am starting to get a little acan itch:uzi:

Thanks Christi:wave: The first one you asked about is Snipers Rainbow Pinwheel. And "this" one is SCs Holy Crap acan. And while I'm at it, the other one I got from Hugo (snipersps) today was the Roswell Project (first acan pic above). Hope I keep all of these alive...for whatever reason, I am starting to get a little acan itch:uzi:

No wonder I liked those - I've eyeballed both of them before! Just gorgeous - I'll have to find a way to snag those someday.

Lovely corals. :beer: But the Red Dragon makes me smile...I'm waiting on a frag from my buddy.

Thanks, Sahin. I gotta say that the Red Dragon is a little like the Green Slimer and Miami Hurricane. It's a coral that is pretty easy to come by now, but is one that should be on everyone's top 10 acro list (or chalice list for the MH). I just love my Red Dragon, even though I try to keep stuff that is a little more uncommon now. When it's happy, it is an awesome coral. You should smile about getting one:lmao:

Lovely corals. :beer: But the Red Dragon makes me smile...I'm waiting on a frag from my buddy.

Cherry Blossom Cyphastrea

Another Branching Cyphastrea or montipora. I can't decide which:lol:

I really like this one: Any chance of a less of a closeup shot? Would like to see what the whole thing looks like.
DSC_0022%20800x536.jpg

This Red Dragon looks lovely. How red is it in person?
DSC_0016-2%20800x530.jpg

This Red Dragon looks lovely. How red is it in person?
DSC_0016-2%20800x530.jpg

Sorry, I didn't see your second question. The Red Dragon is much redder than this, because this is snipers Pink Dragon Tails. It is very white quite a ways down the growth tips. The RD is very red and gets almost purple at the tip, when happy. You can kind of see it here.

Great looking stuff as always Neil !!

Thanks, Anthony.

I need to get hold of these dragon type acros. Both look very nice. Love how deep red that red dragon.

Amazing colors Neil! You wouldn't happen to have a frag of that pink dragon would ya? It's the only frag out of that pack that still looks like the day it was cut.....

I need to get hold of these dragon type acros. Both look very nice. Love how deep red that red dragon.

You know, the dragons are just names attached to numerous species of acropora. Although I am not good at IDing, they are clearly different species(at least most). I do like names to keep things for reference, but I also primarily collect species that I haven't had before and are interesting to me. The RD is a little more common here in the US, but it is really nice and deserves its rep! The PDT is far less common and needs much lower light for good color, but I really like its growth formation- it is quite stag-like and very thinned-branched. It is very easy to break tips off of both of these.:headwally:

Amazing colors Neil! You wouldn't happen to have a frag of that pink dragon would ya? It's the only frag out of that pack that still looks like the day it was cut.....

Thanks. Might be lighting, flow, placement, nutrient level, etc. PMed.

Back