April 2012 Tank of the Month!

Thanks for your kind words Pete.
Its amazing that you are checking out the build of each poster on your thread before replying to them!!!

:thumbsup: Beautiful tank.

The fact that you managed to fit all that equipment into the stand is really impressive. You obviously spent some time planning that out. I like the multiple reactors all plumbed into a common header.

Reef on!

Hymenocera elegans (Harlequin Shrimp pair)

Hymenocera elegans (Harlequin Shrimp pair)

Beautiful system you have there. I have only one question, How do you prevent you Hymenocera elegans (Harlequin Shrimp pair) from eating you starfish population?

Beatiful work there :) Great job
thanks Chelle :)

Love your work, awesome set up. Well done!
A big thank you Adee, all the way out in Johannesburg. Your fish and Acropora collections are second to none

Congrats! what a nice tank.
thanks "“ welcome to RC, and wow your in the Azores?

I aspire to get to that level of sophistication. Very impressive and well deserved recognition.
thanks and another welcome to RC in Tucson :)

Incredible tank!
thank you, all the way to Jakarta. Are you close to any reefs there?

amazing
so much time went into that tank im sure
thank you very much

Congratz you deserve it! Very good work!
thanks and welcome to RC

That tank is nothing less than a work of art. I could only hope to get there some day.:thumbsup:
thanks Sport "“ love the documentation your keeping on the baby clowns

Pete, congrats! I enjoyed your 300g and watching build the 110. You are always willing to answer an email and offer your advice.
thanks "“ and a thanks for the encouraging posts. It's been a while since I visited your build (sorry), probably some of the best rock work I've ever seen.

Beautiful tank!
thanks bud :)

I love the diversity of corals, I know how hard it is to balance keeping hard corals and filter feeders in the same system, greater job on the lights too! Congratulations!
thank you very much. "“ I just visited your build log, what a beautiful tank with stunning corals and awesome fish collection. I would never had found it over in a local forum area, but I'm glad I did.

Great looking tank, congrats...
thanks "“ and belated welcome to RC
Congrats awsome tank
thanks "“ and another belated welcome to RC

haha good one Pete.I am still feeling the pain man.It was a milky mess for a day and a half and the last couple days cleaning the skimmer and changing the bags.Oddly enough the corals look happier this time then the past.I guess the bio filter or some other factor is in better shape and the nutrient rush was handled better.
thanks Dan, but all joking aside your tank is one of the most inspiring I've seen. I feel like I need to make a trip to PA to check it out and maybe talk you out of some frags.

indeed an amazing reef tank:eek1:

thanks packman "“ and excellent job on that LED build

Looks AWSOME! Love seeing successful mixed reef systems.
thanks "“ and great job on the rock work, I'm anxious to see your build come along "“ keep up the great work :)

Lovely aquarium. I have a skinny aquarium too and I know it can be a challenge to aqua scape with so many corals. You have some very nice corals. :thumbsup:

I have a few particular questions about your maintenance. How often do you find yourself changing your medias and how much are you running at one time (activated carbon, GFO, etc...)

Your write up contained these comments..."Typical to most calcium reactors the pH is controlled via Co2 solenoid. The unit is also only run during the lights on cycles to create less pH swing and has two alarm settings that let me know if the flow through the reactor slows (by prolonged solenoid closed durations), or if the CO2 bottle may be empty (by prolonged solenoid open durations)."

Would you mind posting your APEX code in this thread? I don't mean to clutter up your thread, but I know there would be some helpful information for those running Neptune controllers.

Reef on!

Thanks "“ I previously answered the question on the Co2 Apex controls but missed the maintenance on the medias. I'm not real set on this but here's what I try to do
Carbon "“ change monthly, I fill the TLF reactor about 1/3 to ½. That is until I started running ozone and now I have a larger media reactor that is filled about 75%

GFO "“ I change once every 4-6 months and usually add about 4" to the TLF reactor

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

Thats a beautiful pennisula tank. Congrats on your achievement. I'm glad you had the gumption to make a come back from your 300 gallon crash.

Wonderful piece of tranquility there. I have nothing yet (lurking), what you have is exactly what makes my dream tank become reality in the tomorrows. Thumbs up!!

Back