April meet

spotfin

I know it's a bit early, but here is an idea for the April meet. Angela and I just got a flyer in the mail today from Alpine Adventure Tours www.alpinetoursme.com On April 19th, they have a day bus trip to the New England Aquarium and Imax theater in Boston. Total cost is $65 per person. Includes bus fair, admission to the aquarium, and theater. I know this is a thursday, but maybe folks could make arrangements early (call in sick to work:D ). The aquarium would be less crowded during the week too.

FYI- That's spring break. :) I checked so I could see if Taylor could come. Kid Friendly Trip? No problem if not. Mitz

Why don't we just Drive down. There are a few people in the club that have vans we could all carpool and chip in. It would be easier to bring kids and stuff.. Mine are young so it would be easier for us to drive down.

Rose

I can hold 7 and have a dvd/13"tv for the kids. (however old they may be) What would it cost for tickets without the bus part?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8851895#post8851895 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spotfin
If this sounds like a good idea for April, can we pin it to the top?

Sounds good to me!
:D
Laurie

Oh yeah...the kids...I forgot about them :)
I guess I would have to bring mine since its on a thursday. Driving in mini vans would be better for me too..but whatever is decided in fine.

Here are the prices for the Aquarium and IMAX Theatre:

New England Aquarium
General (Age 12+) $17.95
Seniors (60+) $15.95
Children (3-11) $9.95

IMAX® Theatre
Adult - $9.50
Senior - $7.50
Child - $7.50

We might be able to get a group discount also.

Dave

The bus sounds easy too. Everyone could relax and visit. Would it stop in more than one spot? Where would the stops be?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8856465#post8856465 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blufyre3
The bus sounds easy too. Everyone could relax and visit. Would it stop in more than one spot? Where would the stops be?

I thougth this would be easier. Don't have to worry about gas, parking, getting lost, etc.
Angela took a trip to NYC over Thanksgiving with Alpine tours. The bus left from stops in Auburn, Lewiston, South Portland, Biddeford, and Portsmouth. Not sure if they make the same stops each trip. Let us know if you get an schedule. I haven't had a chance to contact them yet.

Itinerary:
Departures:
Lewiston, turnpike exit 80 park and ride 6:30am
Auburn, Fireside Inn, 1777 Washington Street 6:45am
So. Portland, Governor's Restaurant (behind building) 7:30am
Biddeford, Maine Turnpike, exit 32 park and ride, lower level 8:00
Wells, exit 19 park and ride (Amtrak Parking) 8:15
Newington, NH McDonald's, Gosling Rd 8:45

Included in Admission to the Aquarium is a visit to the sea lion presentation. In the afternoon, you have the opportunity to visit Boston's new Imax 3D Theater that is located a few feet from the Aquarium.
Lunch is on your own at the Aquarium or at nearby Quincy Market. Board coach for home at 4pm
Cost includes: round trip motorcoach, admission to the New England Aquarium and the Imax Theater (show TBA) Payment due at time of booking.

Back