April meet

When do we have to book and pay? and how do we do it, book it I mean?
also, I understand that my 4 year old would have to pay to get into the aquarium and Imax theater, but would we have to pay for him to ride the bus too? I know that cyr and greyhound don't charge for kids that young to ride with a parent but don't know about this bus line. Im just looking for away to get out of paying an extra 65bucks, if I can just pay the $10 for admission to the aquarium for him.

If becomes an issue for some folks to get $$ for tickets, i will offer to drive the van down... I think there are likely more than Megan who are worried about cost. Feel free to PM me, anyone who finds the ticket price out of range.
:D
Laurie

I think $65 is a reasonable price. And hubby and I were trying to think of a way we could bring the other 2 kids (who are 13 and 15years old) and make it a family trip on the bus. But Jack is only 4 and would hate to pay that extra 65 if theres anyway to get out of it. Its not like he takes up that much space :)
As of right now, looks like its only going to be me and the 4 year old anyways.

I am definitely all set with that bus ride... Reminds me of when I was a kid and it took 6 hours to go from Kittery to Bangor. I think the price is fair but I can get there much quicker by car and save enough money to stop in at a LFS in Boston and buy something. ;)

Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8918069#post8918069 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blufyre3
Itinerary:
Departures:
Lewiston, turnpike exit 80 park and ride 6:30am
Auburn, Fireside Inn, 1777 Washington Street 6:45am
So. Portland, Governor's Restaurant (behind building) 7:30am
Biddeford, Maine Turnpike, exit 32 park and ride, lower level 8:00
Wells, exit 19 park and ride (Amtrak Parking) 8:15
Newington, NH McDonald's, Gosling Rd 8:45

Included in Admission to the Aquarium is a visit to the sea lion presentation. In the afternoon, you have the opportunity to visit Boston's new Imax 3D Theater that is located a few feet from the Aquarium.
Lunch is on your own at the Aquarium or at nearby Quincy Market. Board coach for home at 4pm
Cost includes: round trip motorcoach, admission to the New England Aquarium and the Imax Theater (show TBA) Payment due at time of booking.

Thanks for posting!

What is the overall concensus? Yea or nay? I like the idea of the bus ride, especially for convenience. But, I do understand the cost for additonal family members is a factor and the fact that the date is on a thursday. This was an idea that I wanted to throw out there. I haven't been to the Aquarium for many years and think it would be a great trip.
Jason

If anyone wants to call about the trip, here's the number:
Alpine Adventure Tours: 1-800-797-9850 or 786-7600
Mitz

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8925545#post8925545 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Driftwood
I am definitely all set with that bus ride... Reminds me of when I was a kid and it took 6 hours to go from Kittery to Bangor. I think the price is fair but I can get there much quicker by car and save enough money to stop in at a LFS in Boston and buy something. ;)

Dave

I like how you think Dave.
I would like to make pit stops on the way home and check out some different LFS in MA and NH ~ what a great way to end a perfect day!

Dave, How many are going between you and Deb? I would love to take my truck down and I can hold a bunch. I would only have my daughter with me. Let me know, Mitz

Im wondering, besides Mitz, who is planning on bringing kids?.
I don't really consider mitz daughter a kid cause shes older and can go to the potty by herself LOL...im talking about 6 years and under.

We are going to try and get a sitter for the kids but we may end up bringing Hailey. It's nice to get away sometimes, but I think she would really enjoy this one.

Dave

So if you are going to bring Hailey, are you paying an extra 65dollar for the bus trip?
Im to lazy to call the place to ask. I think Jack would enjoy it also he's 4, but not if I have to pay 65bucks for him :)

Dave, How many are going between you and Deb? I would love to take my truck down and I can hold a bunch. I would only have my daughter with me. Let me know, Mitz

OOOps, this was meant for Sissy. Bus or van? If enough of us really want to drive we could meet down here somewhere like BK on the pike at K'bunk and follow each other. I don't mind either way. It's going to be fun. LFS in Boston sounds fun too.

Yeah, we should make a train so no one gets lost. lol. We are definitely going to hit up a LFS in Boston also, we just need to find a really nice one to go to that isn't to far from the aquarium or is on the way home.

I think we are going to ride with Preston and Amanda, they have a large van. We will have 4 adults and probably 3 kids.

Dave

So the bus trip is out then? If so, we can change the date of the trip. Maybe a weekend day would be better.

Either way. I think it would be less crowded during the week but, if folks can't go because of work then Sat or Sun works. The more the merrier especially swammies.

Back