aqua man 07 120 build

I haven't ordered any yet. Are they not that strong? I have only seen a few reviews and videos on YouTube. But the 40 looks pretty strong.

IMG_20131027_174432_341.jpg I took the idea from nooks setup of tinting the back of the tank.

Looks like another good build coming. Is that a Marineland tank? If so, check to see if the overflow is siliconed on the inside of the overflow. You may want to put a bead down if not. Reeferhead had bubble algae grow in the unsealed gap and it pushed the overflow loose causing a leak. My tank was the same way so I want ahead and sealed it up before it could cause a problem.

Do you guys think it would be OK to put the heaters in my overflow area on the dt?

The only issue I see with the idea is if your pump stops and your overflow drains (depending on how your plumbing is set up) the heaters may end up out of water and crack.

I have mine in a bubble trap in the sump to save space.

If constantly covered you should be fine. If you use a durso pipe, hat should be no problem. Not enough room in the sump?

I would need to lay them on there side in the sump since I'm only going to run 6 1/2in of water. I don't like submerging the tops on them. In the event of power loss there should be enuf water in the overflow to keep them wet.

Back