Aquascape for 220G

rags111875

Hey all. Let me know your thoughts.
~180 lb of Marco Rocks in my 220Gallon (72x24x30high)-
(pls no comments on the egg crate- i've read all the arguments for and against using it and i am grateful i did- a really large rock broke while i was holding it above the tank and crashed down onto it)

Attachments

• full tank.jpg
    full tank.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
It looks as though you covered your bases with places for fish to swim through and hide while still providing opportunity for coral placement. It also looks as though you should be able to have enough flow around them to avoid dead spots.

Are you putting sand down eventually? I am only asking because I was shocked you mentioned about people commenting on using it. Everything I read suggests using it for the very reason you said you were glad you did.

The bottom glass on almost every tank is tempered. You could throw a brick at it and it wouldn't break. The problem comes in when you have a single sharp point of rock with other rocks pilled on top of it pressing onto the glass causing a fracture. So just know that rock falling would not have broken your glass.

Also the egg crate is fine. :)

Love the scape by the way.

Thanks all. Yup, I've rinsed aragonite sand ~20 times already and still cloudy.
Should have ~2" of sand in tomorrow.

Really like it- Would consider pulling one side a littler closer to the glass to have a different depth. That is just me- if you leave as is it is really nice.

Great Tank by the way keep posting pics as you go.

I've seen many more problems with the Marco rocks. Impossible hair algae outbreaks, cyano, dino's. All kinds of crap. They leach phosphates like crazy after about a year.
It's hit or miss of course, but it seems to be more miss.

Back