Aquascaping, Show your Skills...

500g rebuild, Jan. '08. Just completed aquascaping.

Jan-'08-Reeftank.jpg

500g rebuild, Jan. '09! Just completed frag placement.

Jan-'09-Reetank.jpg

WOW! I am lovin all the ceative aquascapes on this thread, great job guys just thought i'd share mine.

Center
IMG_3984.jpg

Right Side
IMG_3994.jpg

Left Side
IMG_4009.jpg

Cazy4acros - awesome LR suspension - What's inside - epoxy or fiberglass rods?

Here's my 9ft Loooong tank
-There are 7 pipes in total coming up through the sand.
nov1508b.jpg

just set up
FTS250b.jpg

left
DSC02107.jpg

middle
DSC02111.jpg

right
DSC02109.jpg

Alot of great arrangements here. Discustopia I love what you have done. I'm upgrading to a 180g in a few months I love to scale that arrangement down for a 180g.

Last edited:
Very nice work everyone. Im hoping to replicate some of these layouts in my new 58g tank. Thanks for sharing!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14207478#post14207478 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by edandsandy
Heres ours, we just finished a few weeks ago!

DSC_0100-1.jpg

DSC_0101-1.jpg

DSC_0102-1.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

DSC_0107-1.jpg

This tank is a amazing! That montipora is insane. How long have you had it?

I'm about a month away from seting up my rock, I have about 250 lbs of dry marco rock and my plan was to seed it with a box of live rock and let the whole tank cure together. These are some very nice displays!

some very good ideas on here.. I have a deep tank, 3ft front to back and I wanted lots of room for my fish to swim so this is what I came up with.
I was able to do this because this tank recently crashed (my fault, do not want to go into it)
3101106789_84ea262ec41.jpg

so after the rebuild this is what i am starting with
DSC01911.jpg

A bit different from my previous scaping

ok, i'll play. Have had my 225g a year now...started with this a year ago..:eek: :rolleyes: :(

CIMG1554.jpg

CIMG1583.jpg

But then came the most active fish I've ever kept (Achilles) and I had to change things around drastically, so approximately 200 lbs of LR less and 8 hrs of time spent re-doing my rockwork, my tank now looks like this ;)

Right side
mytanks087.jpg

Left side
mytanks089.jpg

and full tank shot
mytanks362.jpg

None of the rock is against the wall anymore, and all three islands have big tunnels through the rock for big and small fish to swim through. Even the center island, although it may seem like it's against the wall, it's just angled that way but behind/under it is hollow for fish to swim through.

Back