Aquastyleonline.com LED questions.

i order the 24 led kits and just customize the led for myself with the little box comment at the end of the check out. i went with 8RB, 2NB, 4 45k, 4 10k, 4 420 true violet.

it for my 8g nano which im going to dim down like crazy then still used the light when i decide to upgrade to 20-30g cube.

I just finished my setup.

Compared to my 1.5 year old Phoenix bulb and my 120w chinese LED "black box".

It is way brighter, and my corals have more POP to them. :)

Now I am hoping that my corals will grow like they did under the MH's.

Unfortunately no.. I have the circuit all planned out and materials here. Just been really busy trying to get stuff done before i leave for Minneapolis. I've also been checking with the staff on if its ok for me to order pcbs and sell them on here without being a vendor

Question, just put together a aquastyle kit for a friend, he used their drivers and pots, when powered are the pots supposed to dim the leds to 0, or do they just hit a minimal dimness. My leds use meanwell drivers that operate on 0-10v so they go completely off when at 0volts. thANKS

Question, just put together a aquastyle kit for a friend, he used their drivers and pots, when powered are the pots supposed to dim the leds to 0, or do they just hit a minimal dimness. My leds use meanwell drivers that operate on 0-10v so they go completely off when at 0volts. thANKS

they do not dimm to 0 unfortunately, and can not be controlled by a controller yet. (work in progress)

Unfortunately no.. I have the circuit all planned out and materials here. Just been really busy trying to get stuff done before i leave for Minneapolis. I've also been checking with the staff on if its ok for me to order pcbs and sell them on here without being a vendor

Do a "group buy" sort of thing and perhaps tack on a small surcharcharge for handling all the orders.;)

Heh, intention isn't to make money, just to make it easier on the others. I see group buys on here quite a bit so I'm guessing they're ok, just have to pay the additional shipping from me to the person :p

As for when I'll have the schematics and everything online, probably 2nd week in march. I know the wait sucks, I just can't get around to that before hand, as I've been buried finishing projects up before leaving, don't feel like going through TSA with a bunch of home made electronics and flying them across the country, and I absolutely know I'll have some headaches to deal with once I get back too :-\

Heh, intention isn't to make money, just to make it easier on the others. I see group buys on here quite a bit so I'm guessing they're ok, just have to pay the additional shipping from me to the person :p

As for when I'll have the schematics and everything online, probably 2nd week in march. I know the wait sucks, I just can't get around to that before hand, as I've been buried finishing projects up before leaving, don't feel like going through TSA with a bunch of home made electronics and flying them across the country, and I absolutely know I'll have some headaches to deal with once I get back too :-\

I did that once back when I was in college a few years ago, I packed a 15 pound battle-bot with three sets of li/poly batteries, a power supply, li/poly chargers, wires connectors, speed controllers, radio, tools, extra chassis, extra drive motors, gearboxes, wheels, spinning blades of death, and various other parts into a regular sized suitcase and ran it as checked luggage. It went through without a hitch surprisingly, I mean, it could have looked like a bomb or something lol.

Anyway, I would think if you handled it as a group buy for the PCB manufacturer with people paying for individual shipping, there would be no issues. You are not making any money, and not competing with any venders on here.

I have now decided that i am going to replace their drivers with these:
I don't need dimming, but this will reduce the amount of drivers i have on my rig, meanwell LPF-90d-48 since i have 72 leds from these guys, i will only need two drivers vs 4, 3 strings of 12 per driver.

Anyone reading this thread and have a huge tank and are seriously thinking of these, keep in mind that if your tank is taller than 24 inches, you will need to keep the fixture close to the water surface and it would be better to keep the leds closer together to increase par. my original thought of 72 on my tank is just not enough, to cover the entire tank and get good par.

rather than keep adding more bridgelux, i went with some xpg cool white(6)
xpg NW (6) and xml cool white (6), so far i have no optics on the xml's and they are running at 1750 ma, the xp's are at 1000ma, i think i will add 10 more xml's and i'm done.

again this is only for larger reefs, regular systems, nano's, breeders, 100-120 gallon systems will be just fine. if i had to order only bridgelux on my tank, i would have gone with 2x120 led kits. i believe this would have done the job well.

Ok im about to order my kit thru Aquastyle and i want to know if there is a driver that is dimmable either with a potentiometer or a digital controller (apex for example). As of right now i do not have an Apex but i know its in my future. Aquastyle has this driver: MeanWell LPF-90D-48. does anyone know what the diff is between that one and the more common:MeanWell ELN-60-48D?? i know u can use a potenitometer with the ELN drivers but it has to have a 12v power source..so ill prolly just end up going that route...BUT it would be cheaper and more convenient for me if i could just use the reg potentiometers for now until i get my apex...anyone have any idea about this?? this is the info from the MeanWell LPF-90D-48:

Built-in 3 in 1 dimming function (1~10Vdc or PWM signal or resistance)
***(this is the part that confuses me, what does this mean? it sounds to me like it can be dimmed with either a reg potentiometer or a vdm??? idk im just guessing)***

Input Voltage: 110-240V AC

Output Voltage: 28.8-48V DC

Output Current: 1.88A

Rated Power: 90W

Waterproof IP67

Dimension: 161*61*36mm (L*W*H) (5.8"x1.6"x1.2")

Specification: LPF-90D-48

also The user Dreads240 is he building something that will dimm the maxwellen drivers via a controller? (arduino) is it something he will be selling? im kinda confused by that past few posts..but thats what it seems like... that would be awesome and save me alot of $$ buying the meanwell drivers...any help would be greatly appreciated!

I read through most of this thread and I was wondering if there is a definitive answer about which drivers to buy and which controller to get in order to dim this automatically for the sunrise/sunset effect.

I want to get the correct drivers on the first shot so i dont waste money but I am not sure which ones are going to work

Thanks

I am looking into a diy led for my 46 bf. 36"X18"deep. I have SPS and softies. I would have to have a manualy dimmable set up. Any suggestions? How many leds? Favorite colors? I'm mainly interested in getting good growth and color.

I read through most of this thread and I was wondering if there is a definitive answer about which drivers to buy and which controller to get in order to dim this automatically for the sunrise/sunset effect.

I want to get the correct drivers on the first shot so i dont waste money but I am not sure which ones are going to work

Thanks

For now, go with the meanwell drivers.

I am looking into a diy led for my 46 bf. 36"X18"deep. I have SPS and softies. I would have to have a manualy dimmable set up. Any suggestions? How many leds? Favorite colors? I'm mainly interested in getting good growth and color.

I think 36 leds should be perfect for your setup, 18 leds per heatsink
color choices is something you will have to decide on your own.
i like the 50/50 10k white and royal blue. you can add 2 uv to help make your corals pop.

Back