Are these Safe Crackers?

RevHtree

I got a frag of safecrackers from a very nice person on this site. They are very nice!

I got to looking and they look almost like some that I already have. Are these safecrackers? (these are the ones I already had)

e15b4527.jpg

I vote yes on those being very similar (if not) safe cracker zoas.

In my opinion, there are so many variations to each zoa that it really depends on your lighting and ability to take photos.

Safe crackers under 10k vs 20k lighting. PC vs MH vs VHO vs T5.

I vote yes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6577315#post6577315 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ficklefins
I vote yes on those being very similar (if not) safe cracker zoas.

In my opinion, there are so many variations to each zoa that it really depends on your lighting and ability to take photos.

Safe crackers under 10k vs 20k lighting. PC vs MH vs VHO vs T5.

I vote yes.

what he said. LOL

I did notice a hint of blue in the zoas mouth posted above, but that may just be lighting or shadowing. But the pics on zoaid are so, (for a lack of better term), more detailed so you may have a hard time designating other pics as safecrackers. A better pic may help to distinguish these zoas, but.....

Another issue that I didn't notice before is that safecrackers may have red skirts? Do they have red skirts or is that just me?

If those are not safecracker, I feel bad for all those people paying $300 plus for some on EBAY. By the way, nice zoos.

IMO, the ones you just got in the last pic you posted look different than the first pic you posted. The mouth is the thing I am looking at... IMO the color of the skirt isn't that big of an issue but more the pattern. On your first picture the mouth is the same color as the rest of the oral disc. (at least it looks like that in the pic) The second ones you posted look like they have the dark mouth and then a wide red ring aound that...

JMO

Is that last picture what you got as safecrackers? those are not safecrackers either IMO... Safecrackers have a red ring, dark centers & outer ring. I dont see dark centers at all.

Jovreefer - Just curious what you see that seperates those last ones from the "safecrackers". Not trying to say they are or aren't just curious if your seeing something I am not.

Personaly I think its the camra playing tricks making you think there is dark centers. Look at the polyps on the edge that are showing more from a side angle... no dark centers. Also the fact that he thinks his woutout dark centers looks like those tells me those dont have dark centers

If RevH could get a pic of his frag he got up close we could know for sure.

Maybe I just judge zoa's much to tough :/ but I always look at the whole colony, rocks around it and any fish or hands to see what lighting...any photoshopping or light tricks someone could be doing.

Ok let me say this. I dont want the person I got these from to think I am complaining. I love the zoas so that's enough. I am trying to just figure out for sure what these may be. I will snap a few photosand load them up asap.

Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6582620#post6582620 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RevHtree I love the zoas so that's enough.[/B]

bigok.gif

i was hoping to get a shot of safecrackers next to those others i linked to above - but my safecrackers are down to two polyps ala 'zoa pox'... :(

Back