ASM Skimmer Club!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12180749#post12180749 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jfl14609
ooh the site I used showed it in the neck I can just plug it and drill another no biggie or does anyone know where I can get another neck? how about the crug build up I have a powder blue and he makes a mess and alott of nori ends up going down the tubes

Can you post the link to the site you used for your mods.The hole for the feed should be somewhere on the body.Can you post a pic so I can see exactly where you drilled the hole at?

I actually just plugged it and driller the hole in the body. I did my mod a long time ago prob about 8 mos ago. but it seems ok now

hey guys, what's the deal with the new ASM's being sold in MD? Are they made by the same original company? I thought the ASM's are discontinued?

Re: G3

Re: G3

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12207167#post12207167 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fishingpcola
Just got a G3 on EBay for my new 150G.

Welcome to the asm skimmer club.

Just to let you know, during the break in period you will sometimes get lots of micro bubbles exiting from the riser tube.This seems to be a natural breaking in process with asm skimers.It wil go away once the skimmer has broken in.

If you would like to do the established mods that have been previously posted in this long thread.There are documented in full at .

www.asmskimmer.com

For spare parts you can go to.

http://www.bluewatercorals.com/asmprsk.html

HTH

Is anyone running ther asm g3 with a Sedra 9000 Pump? If so, how is it working for you? Do you see an improvement?

just got a G2 for my 100gallon reef tank, am having tons of microbubbles in my DT????
hope it will go away in a few days
its been running for about 4hrs now

My G2's seal is leaking between the main body and the cone. Seems like this is a common problem so I'm sure someone can help me out here... what is the easiest way to fix the leaking seals? I'm thinking about just siliconing the whole seam with aquarium silicone, but then I can't ever access the inside. Thanks.

flaviosoicher
I just addressed this to another member 4 posts above.The skimmer does that during its break in period.Once the skimmer has broken in it will stop.

psionicfish
Put some vaseline on the oring.If you put silicone,it will be a lot of trouble to remove it in the future.If its leaking excessively make sure the oring is seated properly,or replace it with a new one.If you end up with a new one,still apply some vaseline to the oring before installation.

Re: Re: Re: G3

Re: Re: Re: G3

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12217287#post12217287 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scrmbld33
thanks for that link do you have one for the pvc elbow and straight peice?

Try calling Marine Depot or Premium Aquatics t see if they can order it for you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12217072#post12217072 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flaviosoicher
thanks alpine

No problem man.By the way I dont think your allowed to put links in your sig on RC IIRC.Just a heads up before you get a pm from a mod.

I know this question has been asked about a zillion times, but how long does it take for the G3 to break in? I have one installed on my new 120g tank an it has been running for 3 days now with little skim. I'm sure the fact that the tank is new has something to do with it too.

It could take up to a couple weeks. Some people wash the skimmer prior to get it clean and it helps the skimmer start collecting quicker.

Hey guys, I have a question. I just got a G2 and I'm trying to design my sump. Right now, only the mesh mod has been done to the skimmer. What would the footprint be if I went ahead and did the gate valve mod? How about the recirc mod? What about BOTH mods? Thanks. I just want to se if they will fit in my sump.

JbuffetReefer...that is where I left mine for about 2 weeks. Then mine started freaking out and flooding the cup every 12 hours. But, shortly after that, it started producing the nose-killing green stuff! It will come. Sounds like you have your bubbles close to the right spot though. Just keep an eye on it!
Mine is now producing about a 1/4 cup-o-stuff every 24 hours. I don't have a heavy load right now either.
janson

Back