ATI Bubblemaster 200 vs. MSX 200

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12301249#post12301249 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by robs fish
So where is the best place to get the MSX?

Rob

Rob, As far as I know Marine Solutions is the only place.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12300666#post12300666 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sjm817
No. In that case, Deltec, H&S, ER, and every other skimmer that has an adjustable air flow valve is flawed as well. An air adjustment is a normal feature, and is there to tune the skimmer to the system it is running on.

I agree

The point is that the skimmer sometimes can't handle the pump, and its because of the large riser tube in the reaction chamber. It turns the skimmer into a smaller diameter and it can't take the air. So in return you have to throttle it down and don't get the performance out of the pump you should. It still works, but it could work better if it were designed differently.

Sjm, on a differerent note instead of arguing as we both like our skimmers and they both work how long have you ran the mesh without re meshing it. I've ran mesh for over a year straight on a couple differnt skimmers with no problems. I've never had dirt or anything build up on it either. But i will say the flatback mesh is much stronger than the regular pf4.

Concerning the durabilty of the mesh, do you guys use a filter sock before the skimmer? I would like to go without a sock, or use it to "polish" the water.

Now, the cost is a big factor. I am considering the AquaC EV-240 Protein Skimmer because of concerns with Mesh wheel. After reading the above responses, the mesh doesn't seem to be a problem. The other factor, when will Marine Solutions have the skimmers in stock?

The original mesh on the BM250 lasted a little over a year. What happened is the tie wraps broke on one of the pumps. The original mesh was the flatback type. I replaced it with the same and it has been fine since. Never had any any accumulation in the Mesh. I use filter socks since I like a clean sump.

dolby, i don't use any mechanical filtration in my tank. Just a skimmer, chaeto and carbon.

The msx's will be in tomorrow fwiw.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12302056#post12302056 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dobly_1999
SJM, do you have pictures of your tank and setup? I would like to see them.
Nothing recent. Maybe this weekend I'll take some pics.

Back