Atomic's 800g Inwall Plywood Build

video really helps put the size of the tank and amount of open space into perspective. Swimmers should love this.
TYTYTY!! I hope the swimmers will love it! Because of all the swimming room this tank has, I think im going to try to get some schooling fish. Maybe 12+ Anthias? or maybe a school of blue reef chromis.

Humongous! I've never seen a tank scaped that way. You wall papered with rock! I look forward to seeing it full of water and life!
Thanks so much for the compliment!! I hope the "wall paper of rock" will give enough room for corals and still give the open water look that i think will be unique to this tank.

I see footprints in the sand....Thanks for the update, that thing is huge!
TYVM! I hope those are the last footprints i make in the tank for a while! I started to fill the tank today. Its almost half full already!!!

It's been over a week since the fill! Any news? Following this one for sure.

I finally got it running Sunday night. Added salt monday morning and put in liverock to seed the tank today.

I installed filter socks today and the water really cleared up fast.

My pump still has a small leak, So im going to get another one and use this old one that ive had for 5 years as my backup incase of failure.

Now we wait........:dance::dance::dance:

What type of anthias? Tbh most of the anthias won’t shoal with numbers that small in a tank that size. Put 2-3x that amount in there and they will shoal. Plus it’s more chaotic for them and they are less likely to knock each other off

What type of anthias? Tbh most of the anthias won't shoal with numbers that small in a tank that size. Put 2-3x that amount in there and they will shoal. Plus it's more chaotic for them and they are less likely to knock each other off

Thanks D-Man, I have been considering 25 of them. Im gonna go with the Lyretail Anthais, Love the Orange color of the female and the Red male is stunning. They are also the cheapest....doesnt hurt....

From experience I have to agree with d-man. I first introduced 8 disbar anthias for my 300g 3 months ago and they've been slowly dwindling. I'm down to 4 and looks like another female turned male, so that one will get picked off by the super male.... GRRR!!!

Outside of money lost, it's worth it to see how the hierarchy plays out.

Yeah. I agree, while my tank isn’t as big as yours (240) I have tried anthais is numbers and always had them dwindle down. I have heard that very frequent feedings through the day could help reduce the “fighting” but I have no experience with trying it.

Corey

Been A few months now. How is it coming along??
I plan on doing a 400g (72x48x28) in wall and this has given me some inspiration in doing it. Ideally I want a larger one but think that one will have to wait till I get a bigger house lol.

Great work on this.

Really, you got to update us. How is the tank with rock, sand and water in it? any fish and coral yet?

Back