Ballast for 80 watt T5?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8144842#post8144842 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by horkn
Grim, i thought i would get your attention with the 4 foot long UV sterilizer bulbs. :)

it seems the wasterwater industry uses the same tech (albeit larger scale) as the reefkeeping industry

Sounds like a crappy job,

OH!!! I just kill me!

Be you aint heard that one before:D

I just recieved my T-5 retro 8x80watt 5' fixture, it came from Catalina Aquarium, I know its a generic company, and the reflectors are not TEK or IC, but its very nice setup, I got it to my door for just over $500 with 8 bulbs, and 3 switches. Every bulb has an individual reflector, kind of simular to the TeK reflectors, but anyway, I was shocked to see that they are using 8, yes count them 8 Workhorse 5 ballasts to run the bulbs, that means that every bulb has its own ballast. So far they look good, one bulb was broken in route, but the other 7 are running great, and the corals are waking back up after 10days of darkness in the sump...... heres a link to the lighting company Catalina Aquarium Now I think I need to order some fans for my hood, man its toasty in there

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8146315#post8146315 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Grim Reefer
Sounds like a crappy job,

OH!!! I just kill me!

Be you aint heard that one before:D

yep, and your poop is our bread and butter

:mixed:

Back