Basement Sump: Pump Upgrade: Panworld or Reeflo?

keh9qd

I have a basement sump that has been running well for 1 year now. When I initially set the system up I purchased a used external pump from a local reefer which is a Gen-x PCX70HP. Its around 1500 GPH at 30 ft/head 300 watts. It is slightly throttled down via a relief valve allow water back into the sump. Currently it works fine and I have it to where it is not extremely noisy and only has a slight vibration upstairs that is livable.

Im planning on changing the system a little downstairs and was thinking about upgrading to a newer, smaller, lower wattage pump that will hopefully be Close to sound free upstairs.

Im open to suggestions, but the two pumps on my radar are:

1. Panworld 150PS
2. Reeflo Swordtail

These benefits are they are both lower wattage and newer so hopefully quieter. My only concern is that Ive heard the Reeflo pumps need to be resealed often.

Can anyone offer advice or feedback here? Any experience?

I personally prefer PanWorld - they’ve been more reliable for me than reeflo (though to be fair my reeflo experience is a sample size of one). PS150 is a good pump - I used one as a return for years, now it powers my skimmer. Against about 14’ of total head pressure I got about 700gph.

Panworld if you don't want to have to replace seals every couple years for the life of the pump

I have an Iwaki 55RLT that has about the same specs as the Panworld for my basement sump return. I have to damn near put my ear to the floor to hear it and it should run for years with zero maintenance; they're tanks. It is more expensive, but should be within $100 of the Panworld.

I would recommend and do use Panworld. I have used Reefflo and have had to replace seals within a year.

Biggest Pw/Iwaki tops out at 2,000 GPH, so if you end up needing more Reeflo and Dolphin about the only games in town.

Back