beer thread

J

Personally a Pale Ale or India Pale Ale guy. Although the summer months are supported almost exclusively by Corona sans lime. Putting limes in slows me down. Can't have that when it's 80+ degrees.

Cully, try some of Sierra's Torpedo. It rocks having great hop aroma and killer pale/ipa flavor.

Just remembered I've got a few in the fridge.

Fridge.jpg

great advice!

Try it out before you get the equipment. The equipment can be costly at startup.

how bad can it be, we're all reefers here after all... LOL.

I got in to brewing in college (read that I was still underage) made some decent beers and some spectacular messes. I used to make a ready supply of hard cider when I had my planted discus tank. Easy way to inject co2.

Ahh memorys of being trapped in a dirty hippy college in Ohio

yeah mark i have been to long trail a few times too. do you ski or snowboard?

skied for many years, but snowboarding since 95. I think I'm gonna teach my daughter to ski first then board. she can make her pick from there....assuming she's not a beauty queen shopaholic like my mother in law and sister in law :spin1:

Walter, I'll have to look for that Sierra you mentioned.....got a feeling I'm gonna need it. Wife's due anytime.....

For sure, I only rode once last year. Job, travel, house, all gets to ya after a while. Made a pact with the wife to get out a few times this winter! She's still learnin, but really enjoys it. I still love it, joints just aren't as rubbery as they used to be.

If anyone is interested my dad will probably sell all his brew making equipment. He has a ton of stuff for making beer and wine, including kegs. I did take over his co2 tank though for my ca reactor :)

I am drinking a hard cider (right now) that I made a few weeks ago. It was my first time brewing and couldn't have come out better!!!

9 out of 10 Yaeger's hard Cider tasters agree!

skied for many years, but snowboarding since 95. I think I'm gonna teach my daughter to ski first then board. she can make her pick from there....assuming she's not a beauty queen shopaholic like my mother in law and sister in law :spin1:

Walter, I'll have to look for that Sierra you mentioned.....got a feeling I'm gonna need it. Wife's due anytime.....

check out what I won the other day. Any thoughts on decent bindings to go with it?

Attachments

• DSCN1057.jpg
    DSCN1057.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
i've got a bunch of crap kickin around. co2 tanks i think a couple regulators. also have a old 1/4 barrel keg (10 y/o. )think it was a bud light keg. can anyone use it ,or can i take it somewhere and get some cash

Hey Kielbasa....don't invade the beer thread with the risky adventuring that happens before and after...lol

Hey Kielbasa....don't invade the beer thread with the risky adventuring that happens before and after...lol

lol.....I only sport sober. Maybe a couple beers while fishing, but that's it.

So bear related, i'm taking a portable setup to my mom's of a homebrew (a hefe, hopped beer). sounds gross, but is really good

there's a black beer out there whose name escapes me...starts with an X. found it originally at Beers of the World, but now Wegmans has it. pricey....but EXCELLENT.

Mmmmmm. Here's a pint the SMaSH ale as of this evening:

1215091915.jpg

It hasn't quite dropped clear yet, but I've been impatiently drinking it since it's so delicious. I've been a brewing fool since this thread started. I've got a keg of Northern mild brown ale chilling and carbonating in the beer fridge right next to this one, a keg of American stout aging in the basement, and I brewed a Centennial-hopped blonde ale on Saturday. Next scheduled brew is a 70 schilling Scotch ale, then probably a really big Imperial IPA.

Beer is so delicious. I <3 it. :)

Back