best conditions for superman danae and garf's purple bonsai?

ezcompany

Premium Member
Assuming water parameters are in check, what type of lighting do you recommend them to be under? My bonsai is growing but its only purple in the tips. My danae on the otherhand has lost a lot of its color, and polyp extension looks like crap. they are currently under 250 watts 14k de (stock sunpaq bulb)

I'm using 250W 12000K reeflux ,before was 20000K BLV

cultured superman need more light
just put it right under the bulb and with high flow,
just let it there,dun move it all the time

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9288963#post9288963 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tamtambaby
I'm using 250W 12000K reeflux ,before was 20000K BLV

cultured superman need more light
just put it right under the bulb and with high flow,
just let it there,dun move it all the time

try to feed it also

btw,does superman really danae?

i have mine under 250 DE 14k phionex bulbs i have 2 different colonies of garf and 4 of superman all at different levels all a colored up the awsome how old are you bulbs

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9289762#post9289762 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ezcompany
how far from the actual bulbs?
you should change your bulb every 9-12 months(my way only)

mine are between 7-12 inches from the bulbs i replace mine every 6 months .............does your tank have a glass cover mine is uncovered

hey there. did you ever move your garf? i grew my garf out from a small frag. it was really colorful, but i moved it because it was getting too close to other corals. once i moved it, it lost a lot of coloration in the branches and now only the tips are purple like yours.

I guess they really don't like being moved. I keep mine up high in good flow now. I heard it'll eventually colorup again, but I'm still waiting.

Mine is about 15" away from 400w 14k ushio and is doing very well it is also in a very high flow area. It has gone from 1/4" to about 1" diameter in 3 months.

Back