Big swimmer for my 29g reef?!

Fish_King_25

Reef Addict
Anyone have any suggestions on something reef safe that will swim a bunch in my 29g??

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Yellow Coris wrasse, they are pretty active but mostly close to the rocks not really open water. Unfortunately most fish that are small enough for these little tanks are the kind that spend most of their life in and out of the rockwork not really out in the open swimming.

Yellow Coris wrasse, they are pretty active but mostly close to the rocks not really open water. Unfortunately most fish that are small enough for these little tanks are the kind that spend most of their life in and out of the rockwork not really out in the open swimming.

Yup and be careful with Wrasse as they tend to be jumpers!

You think a yellow Coris Wrasse would be okay in my size tank? And that's exactly what I'm looking for, something active throughout my rockwork. My clownfish and banghai spends enough time out in the open lol

Anti-jump nets are a must. On my first tank, carpet surfing was the only reason I ever lost fish. Also, clownfish that have been captive born over a series of generations swim in the open water of a tank and pretty much stick to that, in my experience. They have no interest in "hosting" in an anenome, or anything for that matter. I have only seen my clown swim into the reef once; for the most part, he just swims laps around the rockwork. YMMV

My yellow got aggressive and stressed when it got to full size in my 29. Everything was fine until 1 day it snapped. Proceed with caution, or find something that's a little smaller when full grown. ....
How about a cherub angel?

All small angels are questionably reef safe.... mine hasn't done any damage(3yrs) it also depends on what types of coral the op has. Maybe its softie dominated? LOL, its always about sacrifice....active and pretty fish, but potential coral nipping etc....

Haven't thought about a dwarf angel tbh. I figured they would all outgrow a 29 as well. I could get an active swimmer personality for sure with an angel. But Idk where to start with them lol

If you want striking color in a dwarf angelfish i would go with the flame angel, very striking colors and active in the tank, hope this helps...

never had one myself but a midas blenny comes to mind reading what you are looking for. they're blennies, obviously, so they're going to be happy around the rockwork but midas that i have seen spend more time than my starry did out in the water column.

Back