Brass fittings on RODI supply

callsign4223

Is it bad to have a brass Y fitting feeding the RODI supply? My RODI is supplied by the washing machine outlet. I have a brass Y adapter with shut offs in place to feed both the RODI and the washing machine. I feel more comfortable with a metal fitting vs a plastic one, but have always had a minor concern that I may be introducing copper. Am I worrying over nothing?

If it's before the RO/DI unit I'd think it would remove any traces of copper as it passes through the RO/DI unit.

I not only am doing the same as you (brass Y from cold water washing machine)...I've got all copper piping in the house.. even coming from the street to the house.....In theory, it should not matter cause that's what the rodi is for......(make sure you have 0 ppm coming out of ro/di

I not only am doing the same as you (brass Y from cold water washing machine)...I've got all copper piping in the house.. even coming from the street to the house.....In theory, it should not matter cause that's what the rodi is for......(make sure you have 0 ppm coming out of ro/di

^^^This^^^

Copper from street to tap. No problems. That's what the ro/di is for.

Back