Rodi under sink install question.

banthonyb71

Hey guys. I've never plumbed a single thing in my life so this question may be dumb but want to install eater feed under sink and need to order an adapter. Do I need a plastic angle adapter? If so, they have different sizes. Is that the size of the pipe going up to the faucet? It says 1/4" or 1/2" seems like mine is bigger than that but not sure.

Attachments

• 20240303_191801.jpg
    20240303_191801.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Where is the tank located and where are you going to keep your tub of RODI, there might be an easier way than what you’re thinking here.

Did your RO unit come with a saddle valve? Usually they mount on 1/2" cold supply copper pipe. I would assume the flexible copper line you are showing is smaller than 1/2". This is a saddle valve.

saddle.png

Where is the tank located and where are you going to keep your tub of RODI, there might be an easier way than what you’re thinking here.
well dont have tank yet. ordering from innovative marine. my tubs are going to be brought over to the sink when needed.

Did your RO unit come with a saddle valve? Usually they mount on 1/2" cold supply copper pipe. I would assume the flexible copper line you are showing is smaller than 1/2". This is a saddle valve.

View attachment 32397546
its used. and all I have is the unit itself. the line being shown is copper and its much bigger than 1/4" looks bigger than 3/8" honestly. looks more like 1/2"

A couple options if you’re determined to plumb it there.

1. Figure out the actual pipe size, cut the pipe (after turning off the water supply of course), and putting in a T fitting.

2. A faucet adapter.

3. I don’t think you have room for this on your cold water supply, but a saddle valve as Sean mentioned.

I'm thinking of drill bits when I look at the size. And if it's the same thing.. its definitely bigger than 1/4" to me

Attachments

• 20240303_200215.jpg
    20240303_200215.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240303_200212.jpg
    20240303_200212.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
A couple options if you’re determined to plumb it there.

1. Figure out the actual pipe size, cut the pipe (after turning off the water supply of course), and putting in a T fitting.

2. A faucet adapter.

3. I don’t think you have room for this on your cold water supply, but a saddle valve as Sean mentioned.
I don't have options to put it anywhere else.

I'm in a apartment. Don't have a laundry room or basement.

and if the only choices are below the sink out of the way or on top of sink. I definitely prefer under the sink. Also I want to connect the ro bypass up to a faucet if possible because the water is pure trash even for drinking.

Was also hoping I wouldn't have to cut any of the apartments pipes to get this thing to work but not looking good.

To avoid any cutting/piercing you could use a max adapter.

max_adapter.png

You'll also need a john guest push fiitng to go from the one side of the max adpater to your RO unit.

max2.png

To avoid any cutting/piercing you could use a max adapter.

View attachment 32397549

You'll also need a john guest push fiitng to go from the one side of the max adpater to your RO unit.

View attachment 32397550
yes this is the adapter I was reffering to accept the one I was looking at on air water and ice looked to be all plastic and came in 1/4 or 3/8. and dont think the extra fitting was needed with that one. will that not work?

Back