Rodi under sink install question.

on another note.. i got a handheld tds meter and the non treated water reads 115 ppm and the ro water reads 33 ppm. will this come down?
Brand new membrane correct? If so, open the flush valve to 15-30 minutes and let it flush. Then see your readings.

115 to start you should be 4ppm or less after RO I would think. If you are measuring water from the pressure tank then there is likely some contaminants that will go away over successive fillings.
Damn it, forgot about the pressure tank. My Canuck friend is correct.

Brand new membrane correct? If so, open the flush valve to 15-30 minutes and let it flush. Then see your readings.
correct. I was reading directly out the faucet. not sure if that will give same readings. both membrane brand new and system hasnt run over id say 5 gallons total. ill let it run some more and check again in a few days

So
The pressure gauge should be on the input of the membrane (the top) not the output.
I just realized why I put the pressure gauge on the other side. is because that is where this told me to put it and where it was when I got the system before I took it apart.

yet you were still right.. gauge didnt seem to work when it was on this side of the membrane. I wonder why they would even say put it there. mistake in the diagram?

Attachments

• gauge.png
    gauge.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 8
so I pulled the drain plug and water seemed to not be coming out for a minute but when I turned faucet on and back off, it came out and continued to come out. How do I insure the ro unit is not draining the entire time without turning the inlet water valve off?

so I pulled the drain plug and water seemed to not be coming out for a minute but when I turned faucet on and back off, it came out and continued to come out. How do I insure the ro unit is not draining the entire time without turning the inlet water valve off?
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean by pulling the drain plug.

Pulled out the waste waterline from drian. Seems it continues to drian waste water long after faucet is shut off.
If the waste line is draining it is because the ASOV has not stopped the flow. If the system pressure is too high this can happen. Any spec on the max pressure for the ASOV?

If the waste line is draining it is because the ASOV has not stopped the flow. If the system pressure is too high this can happen. Any spec on the max pressure for the ASOV?
I dont know. How do I find that? Its a awi. Also it still drians even without pump running.

I dont know. How do I find that? Its a awi. Also it still drians even without pump running.
Well if it has become damaged then it will bypass. I'm not a fan of that style although they work for some people. Mine bypassed right from the getgo because of the system pressure so I got rid of it. The only ASOV that worked for me was the Kent R/O shutoff kit but I remember it being really expensive. Right now I just have manual valves on everything to shut the system down but that's likely inconvenient for your setup.

Kent Marine Ā» R/O Shut Off Kit | Products

Anyway, this is all assuming that your drain is because of unstopped pressure. Is there possibly a system leak that would let the water empty out of the housing just by gravity? I assume there would be water dripping somewhere while operating under pressure if so.

Well if it has become damaged then it will bypass. I'm not a fan of that style although they work for some people. Mine bypassed right from the getgo because of the system pressure so I got rid of it. The only ASOV that worked for me was the Kent R/O shutoff kit but I remember it being really expensive. Right now I just have manual valves on everything to shut the system down but that's likely inconvenient for your setup.

Kent Marine Ā» R/O Shut Off Kit | Products

Anyway, this is all assuming that your drain is because of unstopped pressure. Is there possibly a system leak that would let the water empty out of the housing just by gravity? I assume there would be water dripping somewhere while operating under pressure if so.
Not that I can see. Is it possible the tank it back feeding into the system

Does the drain line ever stop? If it doesn't then it has to be the ASOV.
Good point. I know mine drains periodically when the system is shut off. I attribute this to pressure build up in the system (just a guess). With the pressure tank on OP's system, could be the same thing???

I usually send people to Buckeye Hydro when they have a question or problem with their RO units.
They always come back smelling like a rose.

Back